HOUSTON – There are thing in this town that were started, built and done by Pilot International. But if ask a Houston Pilot Club member what they like the most about their organization is the people it has helped. “I’ve been a member since 1976 and I can’t tell you how many people we have […]
Tag Archives | Parkway
I have had the opportunity to live in several different communities and it is always neat to see how a neighborhood or town celebrates Christmas. The holidays are all about tradition and often locals don’t see those time-honored events for what they really mean to the community. Houston is no different. I repeatedly hear businesses, […]
HOUSTON – For almost 30 years, volunteers have spread Christmas cheer in Houston and the surrounding areas and the drive has begun again. Project Noel began as a grass-roots effort to help the less fortunate during the holidays and has continued to serve the community with Christmas cheer. Carol Byrne has worked with Project Noel […]
Believe it or not, it’s that time again! Thanksgiving is upon us and Christmas is right around the corner. And there is no lack of things to do, events to attend and opportunities to share some holiday cheer. For me, personally, we’ll start things off with the Greater Houston Ministerial Alliance Community Thanksgiving service. I […]
WOODLAND — Earnest Ray Ward, 77, died Thursday, Nov. 14, 2013, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. He was born May 3, 1936, to Robert William Ward and Dora Dean Gaskin Ward. He was a retired foreman for Gulf States Ceramic Tile and a member of Parkway Baptist Church. He loved to hunt, fish and […]
HOUSTON – Linda Louise Lancaster Gillespie, 70, died Tuesday, July 30, 2013, at Shelby Ridge Rehab in Alabaster, Ala. She was born Oct. 27, 1942, to Owen Wilson Lancaster and Ruth Alice Davidson Lancaster. She was a retired beautician and owner of Linda’s Beauty Shop. She was a beautician for Leigh Ann Howell at Wave […]
By M. Scott Morris Daily Journal A getaway can involve a vacation to a faraway place, or a visit to the backyard. Northeast Mississippi is blessed with both in the form of the Natchez Trace Parkway, a National Scenic Byway that mixes history with natural beauty. Tupelo resident Tommy Caldwell, 70, is a regular visitor […]
Melissa Merrill and 28 other cyclists peddled 50 miles Wednesday, spent the night in Houston and then woke up Thursday to help build a house. The group was part of the Fuller Center for Housing spring ride on the Natchez Trace with Parkway Baptist Church feeding them and letting them sleep in their Family Life […]
Dr. Randy Rinehart will bring the message at today’s Lenten Lunch. Lenten Lunches are held at noon each Wednesday through Good Friday at Houston First United Methodist Church Family Life Center featuring a different guest speaker each week. A light lunch is served at no charge, but donations are accepted for the Greater Houston Ministerial […]
HOUSTON – There is only one thing better than hunting Mississippi woods and that is eating what comes out of them. Parkway Baptist Church hosted its Annual Wildgame Supper Saturday night with more than 130 men and boys in attendance to enjoy the bounty of the hunting and fishing season, hear an inspirational message from […]
- DAR honors Marsh with history award March 2, 2014
- EDITORIAL: School Consolidation March 6, 2014
- Claude Johnson March 6, 2014
- Lady Eagles wrap in Overall March 6, 2014
- Dale Weeks March 6, 2014
- Big Bass! March 8, 2014
- Spring forward! March 8, 2014
- WINTER JAM: Christian music festival sells out at BancorpSouth Arena March 7, 2014
- Reading is learning March 7, 2014
- All runs come to an end March 7, 2014
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- WEDDING: Earnest/Morgan | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] E.J. Earnest […]...
- 60th ANNIVERSARY: Rad & Betty Clark | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Ralph Coggins […]...