By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Chickasaw Development Foundation tourism committee got a look at the design for the gateway to the Tanglefoot Trail last week as a tax to fund the development looms on Tuesday. CDF has worked with state and federal agencies since the Tanglefoot Trail was built almost three […]
Tag Archives | parks and recreation
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Governor Phil Bryant has signed legislation that will see Houston residents vote on a proposed tourism tax. The measure now heads back to the Houston Board of Aldermen to set a date for taxpayers to go to the poll and vote on a 1-percent tax on motel room […]
The City of Houston Park and Recreation department is offering youth basketball this winter and P&R Director, John Gravat, shared his thoughts on the program and supporting quality youth programs in the area. First, I just want to thank God for allowing me to be part of our city and county’s youth and also thank […]
- Snag it November 19, 2015
- WEDDING: Rushing / King November 22, 2015
- Houlka Trustees address leave, texting policy November 23, 2015
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- Okolona urges parents to keep kids in school November 24, 2015
- Houlka races past Hilltoppers November 26, 2015
- Topper season finale November 26, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A reason to be thankful November 26, 2015
- County upgrades fingerprint machine November 26, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Shop local November 26, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....