By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Chickasaw Development Foundation tourism committee got a look at the design for the gateway to the Tanglefoot Trail last week as a tax to fund the development looms on Tuesday. CDF has worked with state and federal agencies since the Tanglefoot Trail was built almost three […]
Tag Archives | parks and recreation
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Governor Phil Bryant has signed legislation that will see Houston residents vote on a proposed tourism tax. The measure now heads back to the Houston Board of Aldermen to set a date for taxpayers to go to the poll and vote on a 1-percent tax on motel room […]
The City of Houston Park and Recreation department is offering youth basketball this winter and P&R Director, John Gravat, shared his thoughts on the program and supporting quality youth programs in the area. First, I just want to thank God for allowing me to be part of our city and county’s youth and also thank […]
- THE NUMBERS: Tourism tax vote fails August 22, 2015
- MSU professor to lead national beef organization August 25, 2015
- Alabama man indicted in fatal Trace wreck August 25, 2015
- ICC names 2015 Spring graduates August 26, 2015
- Reward offered in Monroe County deputy shooting case August 26, 2015
- WEEK 2: High School Football Scores August 28, 2015
- WEEK 2: High School Football Capsules August 28, 2015
- Training for the worst August 28, 2015
- MSU student threats lead to lockdown, arrest August 28, 2015
- Two solar farms sprout in Chickasaw County August 28, 2015
- Randy Wanat: Change "Christianity" to "Islam" and suddenly ...
- TRSmith: What happens to students who reside in the distric...
- Beth: The only way to protect ourselves and our benefits...
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...