By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal VICKSBURG – Hannah Roberts won the Miss Mississippi pageant and will compete for the crown of Miss America in September. The 21-year-old Roberts represented Miss University of Southern Mississippi in the competition Saturday night in Vicksburg and earned a $10,000 scholarship. Roberts plans to attend the University of Mississippi […]
Tag Archives | Pageant
University of Mississippi OXFORD – Mary Ann Mobley Collins, the first Mississippian to be crowned Miss America, an acclaimed actress and filmmaker, and a 1958 graduate of Ole Miss, has died. She was 75. A native of Brandon, Collins was the university’s first Carrier Scholar and later became the first woman voted into the Alumni […]
MISS HOUSTON HIGH SCHOOL (Floyd Ingram / Buy at photos.chickasawjournal.com) Tyler Wright, on left, was crowned Miss Houston High School at the 2014 Houston High School Beauty Review Saturday night with Addy Claire Crump, right, named Miss Houston Junior High. This year’s pageant was called Rhinestone Rodeo and featured country songs and a western theme.
H OUSTON – It’s billed as “Girl’s Night Out,” but everyone is invited to the annual beauty review and music revue at Houston High School Nov. 16. The annual pageant for grades six through 12 incorporates music and dance to keep the evening fast-paced and entertaining. “There’s no down-time,” smiled Janet Coker who directs […]
VARDAMAN – The 40th Annual Sweet Potato Festival is Saturday with more than 271 booths and a day of food and entertainment expected to bring thousands of people to the Sweet Potato Capital of the World. The annual event draws state and national attention and is billed as one of the nicer small festivals in […]
HOUSTON – The plans are in place for the 32nd Mississippi Valley Flywheel Fall Festival and everyone is welcome. Houston’s down-home festival showcasing an age-gone-by will be held Friday and Saturday Sept. 27-28 at Joe Brigance Park and will see all the regular events and activities that has endeared this festival to North Mississippi. “This […]
HOUSTON – Lakendra Montgomery, 12, is a young girl but she has big dreams. Montgomery will compete in the National American Miss pageant Aug. 30 in Jackson with hopes of advancing to the finals in California later this fall. Montgomery is soliciting sponsors to help further her quest as all expenses must be paid by […]
- Florida largemouth bass stocked into Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway lakes June 24, 2015
- First National Bank changes name to First Choice Bank June 27, 2015
- TERRI TURNER: 2015 Woman Of The Year June 28, 2015
- JAMES MEYERS: 2015 Man Of The Year June 28, 2015
- TWO TOOTS: 2015 Business Of The Year June 28, 2015
- Houston, Okolona airport improvements funded July 1, 2015
- Local talent attends ICC camp June 30, 2015
- United Way seeks support for backpacks June 30, 2015
- GED offered at WIN, Excel June 29, 2015
- Chickasaw jobless rate plummets June 29, 2015
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...