I enjoy visiting with you like this. In this day and age of immediate electronic media and 24-hour news it’s still neat to sit down at a keyboard and talk with the people who read the Chickasaw Journal. I’ve always felt radio yaks, television blares and the internet will carry you many places you don’t […]
Tag Archives | Opinion
OKOLONA – A newly elected board voted to change their appointment for Okolona Municipal Judge, but the move has been vetoed by the mayor, prompting aldermen to seek an Attorney General’s opinion on the veto power of the mayor. Okolona Mayor Louise Cole vetoed a 5-1 decision by the Okolona City Council July 2 to […]
I can’t help but notice that when we have programs for our Lower Elementary children what great attendance we have from the parents. These little ones are cute and cuddly and certainly need our care and guidance. But what happens as these precious children begin to go forward in their growth? As children move into […]
A wise old politician once told me all politics is local. After watching campaigns, elections and political shenanigans for 25 years, I’ve come to the conclusion this is true. When you look at the national picture, you have to remember that it all filters down to a particular region or community heading to the polls […]
Senators’ view on veterans shifts Dear Editor, It seems that the attitude toward veterans, by our senators, Cochran and Wicker, changes with the wind. According to a recent news article, both are highly favorable toward a new Veteran’s Medical Foster Home Program, with Sen. Wicker boasting, “Care for our Veterans must remain a […]
Enforcing gun control law Dear Editor, In the wake of the recent murder of twenty school children, the issue of gun control is again a primary topic of public debate. The foremost responsibility of any government is the protection of its citizens. However, fulfilling this responsibility does not in any way justify the disarming […]
- Weather prompts outages, closings, curfews February 26, 2015
- Chickasaw United Way allocates dollars March 3, 2015
- Another winter storm may await March 3, 2015
- Mitchell Adair named Hinds 2014 graduate March 3, 2015
- Habitat seeks potential homeowners March 4, 2015
- Snow! And lots of it March 5, 2015
- On to Jackson March 5, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The snowstorm of 2015 March 5, 2015
- Fifty-three throw hat in the ring March 5, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? March 5, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...