ABERDEEN –Evenlyn Walker Gates, 59, died Saturday, Dec. 14, 2013, at her home in Aberdeen. She was born Oct. 13, 1954, to Chester Walker Jr. and Mary Lillie Blanchard Walker. She received her education from the Okolona and Aberdeen schools. Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 21, at Charity Full Gospel Church in […]
Tag Archives | Okoona
OKOLONA –The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department has made four arrests in a series of burglaries, with divers called in to recover some of the loot. Two homes on Forrest Street were burglarized about two weeks ago with guns, jewelry, watches and money stolen in the break-ins. It is believed that as authorities began developing suspects […]
BRUCE – Hal Samuel McKay Jr., 68, died Friday, March 22, 2013, at his residence. He was born on June 28, 1944, in Mississippi. He was employed by Bauhaus as a Shipping and Receiving Manager. He served in the Army. Services will be announced at a later time. Parker Memorial Funeral Home is in charge […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Picnic in the Park! August 17, 2014
- A winner never quits! August 17, 2014
- Vardaman’s McClain earns national honor August 17, 2014
- Travel pay more about selfishness than finances August 17, 2014
- Pugh earns WBC scholarship August 20, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- Aldermen discuss street worker pay August 19, 2014
- CDF lands Carl Small Town Center help August 19, 2014
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...