HOUSTON – September 30 came and went this year and, well, like the song goes, it was just “another sleepy, dusty Delta day.” But in 1967 more than 2,000 people jammed the Square in downtown Houston to catch a glimpse of country music star Bobbie Gentry as the community honored the Chickasaw County native with […]
Tag Archives | Ode to Billie Joe
by Leslie Criss NEMS Daily Journal It was 1967, and our smal l-town Mississippi lives seemed peaceful, though we were in the midst of a war in a place called Vietnam. Our days were divided, unevenly, between learning in classrooms and playing hard during recess. At night, we watched family-friendly TV, some of us still […]
- State, federal duck stamps available online October 7, 2015
- SONNY SCOTT: History as philosophy. Read it! October 10, 2015
- Yokohama dedicates $300M plant in West Point October 10, 2015
- Life Chain celebrates 15th year October 11, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Open minded thinking really isn’t October 11, 2015
- GED Prep seeks students October 13, 2015
- OUR OPINION: Houston Solar Car representing region from across the world October 13, 2015
- Know your foe October 13, 2015
- Bowens, Neal graduate Mississippi State October 12, 2015
- Houston peewee football suspended October 12, 2015
- Gilbie Rivas: Hey ideas - I was enlightened by the info , Does a...
- George Edgar Worley: See Sparethekids.com and BeatingBlackKids.com for ...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Montel Williams on School Paddling of Studen...
- George Edgar Worley: #BlackLivesMatter ? #srebeducation Students to Sch...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Documentary Exposes the Brutally Violent TRU...