CALHOUN CITY – Mary Alice Stricklin, 79, of Calhoun City, died Tuesday, July 2, 2013, at her home. She was a lifelong member of Mt. Joy M.B. Church where she served as church secretary and chairman of the annual homecoming. She also loved fishing and gardening. Services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, July 7 at […]
Tag Archives | Obituary
HOUSTON – Nellie Mae Streeter, 88, died Thursday, Feb. 7, 2013. She was born Jan. 22, 1925, in Fouke, Ark., to Webb McCormick and Lydia McFerrin McCormick. She was a well-known nurse and known for her fried apple pies and butter roll. She was a member of Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church. Services will be at […]
MORROW, Ga. – Tyrone “Ricky” Walker, 43, died Dec. 31, 2012. Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Pleasant M.B. Church. The Rev. Alan Atkinson will officiate. Burial will be at Houston Memorial Gardens in Houston. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen is in charge of the arrangements. A complete obituary will be published […]
- Futral hired as Houston City Clerk October 21, 2014
- Pearson to be honored by state October 22, 2014
- October 23, 2014
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: New math isn’t new October 18, 2014
- Life Chain hosts annual event October 25, 2014
- Field day planned for forages, beef October 24, 2014
- Crash ruptures gas line, blocks traffic on Hwy. 8 October 24, 2014
- Hebron downs Central Academy, 38-6 October 24, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Sticks and stones . . . October 24, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...