DANIEL GARDNER: The “Good News” in Russia What did I miss while traveling in Russia the past two weeks? The Supreme Court passed a law making same-sex marriage legal in all 50 states; Obama celebrated by decorating the White House with a rainbow; media attention shifted quickly from Christians in Charlotte miraculously forgiving a murderer […]
Tag Archives | Obama
We’re living in ‘extreme’ times. The media remind us daily of how extreme this group or that group is, and the TEA Party has become the movement everybody loves to denigrate and vilify. Peter Wehner wrote a column in the New York Times asking, “Have Democrats pulled too far left?” Wehner contrasts President Clinton’s policies […]
What roles will social issues like abortion, same-sex marriage, and religious freedom play in the 2016 presidential race? On January 22, 1973, the Supreme Court decided abortion was a legal right, thus settling the debate … right! In January of this year an estimated 600,000 people marched in Washington to protest the legalization of abortion. […]
The Chris McDaniel 2014 Campaign Bus Tour will stop at Moore’s Restaurant at 910 North Jackson Street at 9:30 a.m. Thursday to greet area residents. Senatorial candidate McDaniel is in a tight runoff race with longtime incumbent Senator Thad Cochran and this marks the first time either candidate has campaigned in Chickasaw County this year. Voters head […]
By Robbie Ward Daily Journal TUPELO – Tupelo Police Sgt. Gale Stauffer’s widow and mother joined hands Sunday morning as they entered the BancorpSouth Arena to gather in a circle with other family and Tupelo police officers to pray. Minutes later, they stood alongside FBI Special Agent in Charge for Mississippi Daniel McMullen as he […]
Dear Editor, As a citizen (and there is no other title that I can claim to hold) of the United States, but a citizen with at least a small amount of commonsense, I find the strategy of certain Democrats to refuse concessions concerning our budget to be irresponsible. Several years agok our current President bashed […]
Dear Editor, Fortunately for law abiding citizens the shameful and unconscionable efforts to the president and others to exploit the murder of American children for political gain recently failed in the Senate. However, the issue of the safety of American school children remains an issue which our government has a duty to address. Responsible citizens […]
Dear Editor, There are many public uses in the media at this time. However, the failure of our Republican governor to take care of the needs of the needy and his staunch opposition to anything that President Obama stands for is leading us toward a crisis with respect to the funding of Medicaid. Governor Phil […]
OKOLONA – When President Barack Obama was re-elected a group of local women quickly decided they wanted to take part in something historic and near to their heart. Nine women from Zion Springs Missionary Baptist Church in Okolona got on the bus in January to attend President Obama’s inauguration ceremonies and enjoy a whirlwind tour […]
- Houlka eyes old fines as revenue July 24, 2015
- Fusion Furniture expanding in Ecru July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...