Dear Editor, When I became an educator, I devoted my life to advocate on behalf of students. However, House Bill 449 seems to be an attempt to silence educators, to prevent us from actively participating in our American democracy as we advocate on behalf of our students. A proposed bill that Rep. John Moore, chair […]
Tag Archives | Norwood
HOUSTON – Mr. Scott and Mrs. Peggy Shempert of Houston are pleased to announce the marriage of their daughter, Miss Lakyn Shempert to Mr. Scott Norwood of Eupora. Miss Shempert is the paternal granddaughter of Hinton and Jerri Shempert of Houston. She is the maternal granddaughter of the late David Peel, Sr. and Margaret Ann […]
OKOLONA – Jennifer Ann Jolly Rooker, 49, died Wednesday, June 18, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo following an extended illness. She was born Dec. 14, 1964, in Amory to Clifton Jolly and Beatrice Davis Jolly. She was a lifelong resident of Okolona and graduated from Okolona High School in 1982. She married Mike […]
OKOLONA – Breylon Tylee Norwood, 8 months old, died Monday, March 4, 2013, at University of Jackson Medical Center. He was born June 26, 2012, in Amory to Audreanna Norwood and Joshua Pannell. Although his short life was a daily struggle to survive, he brought much joy and happiness to his family who loved him […]
- Parks named to Tombigbee Water Management Board February 24, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- GOP federal prosecutor to challenge Hood for AG February 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- Mitchell Adair named Hinds 2014 graduate March 3, 2015
- Another winter storm may await March 3, 2015
- Chickasaw United Way allocates dollars March 3, 2015
- Moore to attend Clinton Global Initiative March 2, 2015
- UPDATE: Four hurt, two dead in Calhoun County wreck March 2, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...