Dear Editor, When I became an educator, I devoted my life to advocate on behalf of students. However, House Bill 449 seems to be an attempt to silence educators, to prevent us from actively participating in our American democracy as we advocate on behalf of our students. A proposed bill that Rep. John Moore, chair […]
Tag Archives | Norwood
HOUSTON – Mr. Scott and Mrs. Peggy Shempert of Houston are pleased to announce the marriage of their daughter, Miss Lakyn Shempert to Mr. Scott Norwood of Eupora. Miss Shempert is the paternal granddaughter of Hinton and Jerri Shempert of Houston. She is the maternal granddaughter of the late David Peel, Sr. and Margaret Ann […]
OKOLONA – Jennifer Ann Jolly Rooker, 49, died Wednesday, June 18, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo following an extended illness. She was born Dec. 14, 1964, in Amory to Clifton Jolly and Beatrice Davis Jolly. She was a lifelong resident of Okolona and graduated from Okolona High School in 1982. She married Mike […]
OKOLONA – Breylon Tylee Norwood, 8 months old, died Monday, March 4, 2013, at University of Jackson Medical Center. He was born June 26, 2012, in Amory to Audreanna Norwood and Joshua Pannell. Although his short life was a daily struggle to survive, he brought much joy and happiness to his family who loved him […]
- Boyer, Mitchell earn DAR History honors March 24, 2015
- Easter Egg Hunt is noon Saturday March 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- Houston plans for farmer’s market March 31, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...