Special to the Chickasaw Journal TUPELO —The North Mississippi Medical Center Women’s Hospital will offer a free pre-admission class for Spanish-speaking expectant mothers from 10 a.m.-noon Friday, Aug. 14. Recommended for women after their seventh month of pregnancy, the class includes information about the hospital stay, symptoms to report to the doctor, a hospital tour […]
Tag Archives | North Mississippi Medical Center
By Stephanie Rebman Daily Journal A Myrtle man died in a Chickasaw County crash Friday afternoon. According to Mississippi Highway Patrol’s Criss Turnipseed, the fatal crash was about 3:30 p.m. on Mississippi Highway 245 about half a mile north of U.S. Highway 45 Alternate. William Browning, 47, was pronounced dead at the scene. His F-250 […]
Special to the Chickaaw Journal Three fatalities on Northeast Mississippi highways were all the traffic deaths reported across the state for the four-day Thanksgiving holiday weekend. The latest fatality was Bobbie Malone, 70, of Houston, who died in a two-vehicle crash Sunday on Highway 15 in Chickasaw County. On Thanksgiving Day, a two vehicle crash […]
HOUSTON – On April 21, the Rev.Dr.Whitfield graduated from Theological Seminary in Jacksonville, Fla., with the Doctor of Theology degree. Dr.Whitfield completed his chaplaincy internship at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He dealt with the influence of religion on health behaviors as his dissertational project on which he scored 100 percent in grammar and […]
HOUSTON – Two Houston High School students will get a first-hand view of various medical careers during a month-long program at North Mississippi Medical Center this summer. Kaitlyn O’Barr and Hannah Grimes will travel twice a week in June to NMMC in Tupelo and spend time in a variety of medical departments watching and learning […]
OKOLONA – Ruby Stean “”Lut”” Miller Hopson, 55, died Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2013, at her residence. She was born Oct. 6, 1958, to Henry Miller and Mary Price Miller. She was a member of Poplar Springs CME Church and the Chancel Choir. She was a former employee of North Mississippi Medical Center. Services will be […]
HOUSTON – North Mississippi Medical Clinics recently named April McVay as the July Employee of the Month. McVay is a radiologic technologist at Chickasaw Medical Clinic, where she has served since 1998. She is a graduate of South Pontotoc High School and attended Itawamba Community College. “April is a great example of teamwork,” a coworker […]
WEST POINT – Floyd Robinson Sr. died Tuesday, July 23, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial of Okolona.
HOUSTON – There is a right way to do things in this world. The Houston Pilot Club, VFW Post 7149 and American Legion Post 95 helped dispose of a massive garrison or Holiday Flag at their annual flag retirement ceremony at Joe Brigance Park on Flag Day June 15. “Etiquette says you are not to […]
OHS seniors complete semester projects OKOLONA – For seniors at Okolona High School, the last semester of school was no time to slack off in Ms. Genevieve Turkett’s class. Turkett, in her first year at OHS, assigned a semester-long senior project and students showed off their creations and the results of their reserach May 8 […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: The “Good News” in Russia July 25, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Quality Iron announces expansion in Houston July 30, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...