HOUSTON – On April 21, the Rev.Dr.Whitfield graduated from Theological Seminary in Jacksonville, Fla., with the Doctor of Theology degree. Dr.Whitfield completed his chaplaincy internship at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He dealt with the influence of religion on health behaviors as his dissertational project on which he scored 100 percent in grammar and […]
Tag Archives | North Mississippi Medical Center
HOUSTON – Two Houston High School students will get a first-hand view of various medical careers during a month-long program at North Mississippi Medical Center this summer. Kaitlyn O’Barr and Hannah Grimes will travel twice a week in June to NMMC in Tupelo and spend time in a variety of medical departments watching and learning […]
OKOLONA – Ruby Stean “”Lut”” Miller Hopson, 55, died Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2013, at her residence. She was born Oct. 6, 1958, to Henry Miller and Mary Price Miller. She was a member of Poplar Springs CME Church and the Chancel Choir. She was a former employee of North Mississippi Medical Center. Services will be […]
HOUSTON – North Mississippi Medical Clinics recently named April McVay as the July Employee of the Month. McVay is a radiologic technologist at Chickasaw Medical Clinic, where she has served since 1998. She is a graduate of South Pontotoc High School and attended Itawamba Community College. “April is a great example of teamwork,” a coworker […]
WEST POINT – Floyd Robinson Sr. died Tuesday, July 23, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial of Okolona.
HOUSTON – There is a right way to do things in this world. The Houston Pilot Club, VFW Post 7149 and American Legion Post 95 helped dispose of a massive garrison or Holiday Flag at their annual flag retirement ceremony at Joe Brigance Park on Flag Day June 15. “Etiquette says you are not to […]
OHS seniors complete semester projects OKOLONA – For seniors at Okolona High School, the last semester of school was no time to slack off in Ms. Genevieve Turkett’s class. Turkett, in her first year at OHS, assigned a semester-long senior project and students showed off their creations and the results of their reserach May 8 […]
- City seeks infrastructure funding July 21, 2014
- UPDATE: Nineteen arrested in Itawamba drug sting July 25, 2014
- Houston Solar Car team wins 14th Solar Challenge July 25, 2014
- Let’s hear it for EARS! July 25, 2014
- It’s all about passion July 25, 2014
- Journalism 101 July 28, 2014
- BRIAN LENTZ: MACJC format changes in 2015 July 28, 2014
- This story has a ring to it July 28, 2014
- Cherry/Dendy July 27, 2014
- Horn/Jones July 27, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...