Special to the Chickasaw Journal TUPELO – North Mississippi Medical Center will host its annual Summer Health Academy from 8 a.m.-noon June 6-10. Students who are interested in pursuing a health career and have completed the seventh or eighth grade are eligible. Participation is limited to 25 students who will be selected on […]
Tag Archives | nmmc
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON — Chickasaw Medical Clinic welcomes Justin Duke, D.O., who joins nurse practitioners Angela Furr and Rachel Rish-Eubank at the clinic at 208 Country Club Road, in Houston. A native of Amory, Dr. Duke received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Mississippi in Oxford. He earned his medical degree […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal TUPELO – North Mississippi Medical Center is looking for overweight, inactive children and their families who want to make a change. F.I.T. (Families in Transformation) is scheduled for Aug. 17-Oct. 8 for children ages 8-13 with their parent or guardian. Education/exercise sessions are required for each child and a parent […]
A Compassionate Friends Candlelight Service for families who have experienced the death of a child or grandchild is planned for 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 14, in the Fellowship Hall of First Baptist Church, 300 N. Church St. Families are invited to join others to remember these children during the Christmas season. A “remembrance table” will […]
TUPELO – North Mississippi Medical Center is currently accepting students for the new session of the Clinical Pastoral Education program, which begins in October. This seminary-level course advances pastoral care and counseling skills for ministers and seminary students of all faiths through supervised encounters with individuals in crisis. Students of NMMC’s Clinical Pastoral Education program […]
Participating in North Mississippi Medical Center’s Physician Shadowing Program, July 7-25, were, front row, from left,Allyson Parker of Houston, Mississippi State University; Elise Friloux, Tupelo, MSU; Catherine Dilgren, Sugarland, Texas, MSU; Kacie Harris, Tupelo, Blue Mountain College. Back row from left are, Nathaniel Sparks of Belmont, MSU; Sami Whitwell of Tupelo, University of Virginia; Austin […]
TUPELO – Area students in grade six or above are encouraged to take advantage of free physicals offered by the Weston Reed Foundation from 8 a.m.-noon Saturday, Aug. 9, at the new Police Athletic League, 204 Douglas St. Parking is available behind the Police Athletic League building or next door at the Link Centre, 1800 […]
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Houston Solar Car honored by Legislature May 29, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...