Tristan Nichols of Vardaman got this 8-point buck while hunting Nov. 19 on family-owned land. It was the first kill for the 12-year-old son of Teresa Nichols of Vardaman and Johnny Nichols of Big Creek.
Tag Archives | Nichols
HOUSTON – Changes to lunch and break times, paycheck disbursement and communication concerns prompted city workers to attend a city board meeting last week. Eleven employees from city hall offices and the city shop attended the Nov. 5 regular board meeting and while not on the agenda, Mayor Stacey Parker and City Public Works Director […]
HOUSTON – The foundation has been poured and contractors are looking for a couple of days of good weather to start erecting steel for a new fire station in Houston. Workers were busy last week placing pipe for plumbing, digging footings and pouring concrete for the new 50X52-foot structure. The three-bay metal building will keep […]
VARDAMAN – Mae Chandler, 104, died Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2013, at her home. She was born June 21, 1909, in Vardaman. She was a homemaker and a seamstress. She was a member of Vardaman First Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 26, at Young’s Chapel Church in Vardaman. Bro. Benny Hill […]
WEST POINT – Charles E. Bennett, 70, passed away Friday, May 17, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Medical Center-GT, in Columbus. He was born July 31, 1942, in Chickasaw County to Willie Frances Nichols and Melvin Floyd Bennett Sr. He was a fitter welder for Ellis Steel for 18 years. He was a member of Bethel […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Houston High School Topper Pride band was honored with their annual banquet April 23 at the Civic Center. The band competed at the Mississippi High School Activities Association/Mississippi Bandmaster’s Concert band evaluation in February where they were the only 4A school to score a superior rating in […]
By Jan Dyson Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON — The ladies of the Chickasaw County Homemakers Club were surprised at the history, records and artifacts that fill seven rooms in the Chickasaw County Historical and Genealogical Society. Houston’s best kept secret lighted the faces of the ladies as they strolled through the building […]
HOUSTON – Snowflakes in the trees on The Square downtown and along Jackson and Madison Street have helped proclaim Christmas in Houston for years. Houston Aldermen were told last week that time and the elements have taken their toll and it’s either time for new lights or an extensive rework of the bulbs and wiring […]
- Chasing the dream October 6, 2015
- McClain invites friends to Troy October 9, 2015
- WEEK 8: High School Football Capsules October 9, 2015
- Former MSU great Goode dies at 76 October 9, 2015
- SONNY SCOTT: History as philosophy. Read it! October 10, 2015
- Bowens, Neal graduate Mississippi State October 12, 2015
- Houston peewee football suspended October 12, 2015
- Prairie Industrial Site assessment moves ahead October 12, 2015
- Training for the worst of wrecks October 12, 2015
- WEDDING: Latham / Clark October 11, 2015
- Gilbie Rivas: Hey ideas - I was enlightened by the info , Does a...
- George Edgar Worley: See Sparethekids.com and BeatingBlackKids.com for ...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Montel Williams on School Paddling of Studen...
- George Edgar Worley: #BlackLivesMatter ? #srebeducation Students to Sch...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Documentary Exposes the Brutally Violent TRU...