HOUSTON – War is always sad. And the letters that Thomas Newton Beaty wrote home to his wife in Chickasaw County in 1863 and 1984 tell of the lonely, dangerous life in the Confederate Army and the longing to be back on the farm with family. “He was my great-great-grandfather and he was something […]
Tag Archives | Newton
BRUCE – Birtis Joyce Bryant, 94, died Saturday, June 15, 2013, at Pioneer Health Services in Newton. She was born Feb. 1, 1919, in Calhoun County. A former resident of Bruce, she had lived in Newton since 2006. She was a member of Rocky Mt. Baptist Church. She was a homemaker and she served alongside […]
by Gene Phelps NEMS Daily Journal Class 1A Game 1 – 6 p.m., Friday Game 2 – 10 a.m., Saturday Game 3 – TBA Saturday West Union (25-6) Leaders Bailey Bogue .469 avg, 29 RBI Julianna Garner .460 avg, Brittany Taylor 18-3 record, 0.85 ERA Nanih Waiya (23-7) Leaders Brantlie Sheets 11-4 record, 3.39 ERA […]
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...