There will be a tiny little change to your Chickasaw Journal next week. Today, under the Chickasaw Journal banner and mission statement “A locally owned newspaper dedicated to the service of God and mankind,” you will find the lines Volume 108, No. 52. Next week the Volume will change to 109 and the number will […]
Tag Archives | New
Grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremonies were held Saturday, Jan. 4, for Okolona’s newest business, Lillie’s Quick Stop, located on Church Street north of the Okolona Vocational Complex. The business, owned by Kelvin Stanfield, is open Monday through Friday from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday from 5 a.m. to midnight and Sunday from […]
Christmas 2013 is over and we now look at a new year before us. In fact, by the time many of you get this paper, we will be into 2014. Our family had a wonderful Christmas but my heart goes out to those who have experienced sickness and death during this Christmas season. My sympathy […]
HOUSTON – Thomas Howell, a Houston High School graduate and battalion Executive Officer in the Mississippi Army National Guard, is the newest Houston School Board Trustee. The vote by the Houston Board of Alderman last week to appoint Howell to the city school post was 3-2 and not without controversy and lengthy discussion. The motion […]
OKOLONA – Trustees hired Dexter Green as the new superintendent of Okolona School District at a special called meeting Monday. Green is expected to fill the superintendent’s post on April 1 and will be the district’s first superintendent since it was placed under state control more than three years ago. Okolona trustees had voted to […]
VAN VLEET – Nathaniel Neely, 94, passed away on Sunday, March 10, 2013 at Community Hospice in Verona. Services are at noon Saturday, March 16 at New Zion M.B. Church in Van Vleet and burial will follow in Ross Hill Cemetery. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. until the hour of the service at New Zion. […]
HOUSTON – He grew up in Chickasaw County but his music and his message is aimed at an audience that has grown to become the largest concert tour in the world each winter. NewSong drummer Jack Pumphrey was raised in Houston and he will take the stage at Winter Jam in Tupelo Thursday night along […]
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...