There will be a tiny little change to your Chickasaw Journal next week. Today, under the Chickasaw Journal banner and mission statement “A locally owned newspaper dedicated to the service of God and mankind,” you will find the lines Volume 108, No. 52. Next week the Volume will change to 109 and the number will […]
Tag Archives | New
Grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremonies were held Saturday, Jan. 4, for Okolona’s newest business, Lillie’s Quick Stop, located on Church Street north of the Okolona Vocational Complex. The business, owned by Kelvin Stanfield, is open Monday through Friday from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday from 5 a.m. to midnight and Sunday from […]
Christmas 2013 is over and we now look at a new year before us. In fact, by the time many of you get this paper, we will be into 2014. Our family had a wonderful Christmas but my heart goes out to those who have experienced sickness and death during this Christmas season. My sympathy […]
HOUSTON – Thomas Howell, a Houston High School graduate and battalion Executive Officer in the Mississippi Army National Guard, is the newest Houston School Board Trustee. The vote by the Houston Board of Alderman last week to appoint Howell to the city school post was 3-2 and not without controversy and lengthy discussion. The motion […]
OKOLONA – Trustees hired Dexter Green as the new superintendent of Okolona School District at a special called meeting Monday. Green is expected to fill the superintendent’s post on April 1 and will be the district’s first superintendent since it was placed under state control more than three years ago. Okolona trustees had voted to […]
VAN VLEET – Nathaniel Neely, 94, passed away on Sunday, March 10, 2013 at Community Hospice in Verona. Services are at noon Saturday, March 16 at New Zion M.B. Church in Van Vleet and burial will follow in Ross Hill Cemetery. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. until the hour of the service at New Zion. […]
HOUSTON – He grew up in Chickasaw County but his music and his message is aimed at an audience that has grown to become the largest concert tour in the world each winter. NewSong drummer Jack Pumphrey was raised in Houston and he will take the stage at Winter Jam in Tupelo Thursday night along […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: The “Good News” in Russia July 25, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Quality Iron announces expansion in Houston July 30, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...