TUPELO – Howard Glenn Belk Sr., 47, died Wednesday, May 7, 2014, at the Golden Living Center in Tupelo. He was born April 25, 1967, to the late John Belk and the late Patsy Ruth Harrell Belk. He was a 1987 graduate of Houston School, a former employee of Franklin Industries and a deacon at […]
Tag Archives | New Hope
HOUSTON – Willie Jeff Standfield, 91, died Friday, March 28, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Services will be 11 a.m. Saturday at New Hope Methodist Church. Burial will follow in Palestine Missionary Baptist Church Cemetery. Visitation will be 3 until 6 p.m. Friday at Carter’s Mortuary Services Chapel in West Point.
Coat and sweater drive at New Hope United Methodist New Hope United Methodist Church in Houston is underway now with items being given away Jan. 25 beginning at 12 p.m. You may contact Rev. Donnell Cherry at 662-538-1639, Betty Buchanan at 662-542-7634 or Melissa Pickens at 662-448-0688 for more information.
PRAIRIE – Mary Thompson, 66, died Sunday, July 21. 2013, at Clay County Medical Center in West Point. She was a member of New Hope M.B. Church in Okolona, She served as a Sunday school teacher, Usher Board member and Missionary Board member. Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, July 27, at New Hope […]
By CODY VOYLES Hometown Correspondent STARKVILLE – Thirty-six Boy Scouts and four adult leaders left July 14 for the National Scout Jamboree at the brand new Summit Bechtel Reserve near Beckley, W. Va. This is a contingent Troop made up of Boy Scouts from across the Pushmataha Area Council with Scouts attending from Columbus, […]
OKOLONA – James “Bobcat” Thompson, 60, died Saturday, July 13, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born Oct. 9, 1952, to J.C. Ivy and Nancy Lee Thompson. He was a former employee of Lifestyle and a member of New Hope. Services will be at Saturday at the New Hope M.B. Church. The Rev. […]
COLUMBUS – Park Coleman Stevens, 20, died suddenly Wednesday, July 3, 2013. Visitation will be held Saturday, July 6, 2013, from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Mount Vernon Church, where he was a member, and funeral service will follow at 1:30 p.m. with Bro. Josh Daffern officiating. Interment will be in Asbury Cemetery at […]
SPRINGDALE, Ark. – James Ellis Sugg, 70, died Saturday, April 13, 2013, at Northwest Medical Center in Springdale, Ark. He was born Nov. 24, 1942, in West Point to Harry C and Mary Riley Sugg. He was a retired food inspector for the U.S.D.A. He was a 32nd degree Mason and Shriner. He was a […]
Scores from Tuesday, April 2 Baseball Columbus 7, Tupelo 6 TCPS 7, Smithville 3 Amory 5, Corinth 2 East Union 5, Hamilton 0 Itawamba AHS 5, Shannon 4 Pontotoc 12, Tishomingo County 5 Houlka 10, Tremont 1 Ingomar 9, Myrtle 7 Houston 9, Noxubee Co. 0 Mooreville 10, Water Valley 0 Wheeler 9, Pine […]
FORREST CITY, Ark. – LaShonda Rose Neely, 37, died Thursday, March 21, 2013, at Forrest City Medical Center in Forrest City, Ark. She was formerly of Mantee. Services will be at noon Saturday at New Hope M.B. Church in Woodland. Burial will be in New Hope Cemetery. Montgomery Mortuary of Houston is in charge of […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- City, CDF discuss Tanglefoot trailhead August 15, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- Pugh earns WBC scholarship August 20, 2014
- Okolona school bond vote is Tuesday August 22, 2014
- WEEK ONE: High school football schedules August 21, 2014
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- Houston runs over Bessemer August 21, 2014
- BROWN: LETTER TO THE EDITOR August 21, 2014
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....