CALHOUN CITY – Mavis Nell Hood Orr, 79, died Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2014, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home in Calhoun City. She was born June 4, 1934, in Webster County. She was a seamstress, a lifelong animal guardian and a member of Southern Grace Baptist Church in Calhoun City. Services will be at 11 […]
Tag Archives | Nell
WEST POINT – Martha Nell Huffman, 74, passed away on Friday Jan. 17, 2014, at her home in West Point. She was born on March 14, 1939, in Reform to Joseph Henry Cooper and Lillie Lou Crick Weaver. She was co-owner of Huffman Oil Company, where she was very active in the family business for […]
TUPELO – Vivian Venell “Nell” Mask Henton, 85, died Saturday, Dec. 28, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a brief illness. She was born in the Pontocola community of Pontotoc County on Oct. 27, 1928, to William S. Mask and Lois Dorothy King Mask. She lived her entire life in this area, where she worked […]
HOULKA – Berlin Thomas “Buddy” Petty, Jr., 51, died Monday, April 8, 2013 at his home. Mr. Petty was born Nov. 1, 1961 to Berlin Petty, Sr. and Margie Nell Petty. He was a farmer and a mechanic Services will be at 3 p.m. Thursday, April 11, at Southern Funeral Chapel with burial at Rose […]
- Snag it November 19, 2015
- Welcome home! November 22, 2015
- WEDDING: Rushing / King November 22, 2015
- Houlka Trustees address leave, texting policy November 23, 2015
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A reason to be thankful November 26, 2015
- County upgrades fingerprint machine November 26, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Shop local November 26, 2015
- FBI to investigate incident at Ole Miss game November 25, 2015
- Mennonite conference bringing influx of visitors to downtown Tupelo November 25, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....