OKOLONA – They are sending in Mississippi boys to tidy up Afghanistan as the draw-down in the war there wraps up in 2014. The 858th Engineering Company/Horizontal, with a depot and armory in Okolona and headquartered in Calhoun City, will leave for final training at Camp Shelby around the first of August as they prepare […]
Tag Archives | National Guard
BRUCE – William David Bray, 75, died Wednesday, July 24, 2013, at his home. He was born Aug. 30, 1937, in Pontotoc. He served in the National Guard. He was a retired plant superintendent from Bruce Telephone Company with 35 years of service. He was an active member and deacon of Lighthouse Baptist Church. Services […]
OXFORD – Judge Edwin H. Roberts Jr., 65, died on Monday, July 1, 2013, at his home in Lafayette County. He practiced law in Lafayette County for 30 years. He served as Lafayette County prosecutor and was elected as Chancery Court judge for the 18th Chancery Court District of Mississippi in 2002. He served 32 years […]
HATTIESBURG – The Army National Guard has to be ready at a moment’s notice to handle emergency situations of various types and annual training is one way they keep their skills honed. The 288th Sapper Company, based in Houston, just completed a two-week training session at Camp Shelby in Hattiesburg and Capt. Seth Davidson said […]
NETTLETON – Jamie L. Westmoreland, 24, passed away Friday, June 7, 2013, at his residence. He was born Dec. 4, 1988, to Johnny and JoAnn Lynn Westmoreland in Tupelo. He was a Baptist in belief. He honorably served his country with the National Guard for six years. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, disc golf, canoeing, being […]
HOUSTON – Josh Voyles of Houston made a life-changing choice when he dropped out of high school. He gave up the opportunity to graduate and pursue a higher education, but he got another chance through the C.O.P.E.S and National Guard Youth ChalleNGe programs. After his junior year at Houston High School, Voyles made the decision […]
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...