CALHOUN CITY – Nathan Bryan Harrison, 66, died Saturday, May 24, 2014, at his residence. He was born May 21, 1948, in Grenada to Calvin Dee and Julia Brown Harrison. After graduating from Calhoun City High School in 1966, he attended drafting school in Atlanta, Ga. He was a retired businessman. He was the co-founder […]
Tag Archives | Nathan
HOUSTON – Most people don’t know Okolona was raided by Union forces at least four times during the Civil War with at least two other skirmishes occurring around this “bread basket of the Confederacy.” The 150th anniversary of the Civil War has sparked interest in events that occurred in this area and the Chickasaw County […]
OXFORD – The following University of Mississippi students are among 813 candidates for degrees at the close of the fall semester. They are invited to participate in UM’s spring commencement scheduled May 14. n Brodee Lee Moore of Houlka, Bachelor of General Studies n Richard Bradley Moore of Houston, Bachelor of Business Administration n Constance […]
VARDAMAN – Nathan Eli Tharp, newborn, died Sunday, June 23, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center Women’s Center in Tupelo. He was born June 23, 2013. Graveside services will be at 3 p.m. Wednesday, June 26, at Rose Hill Cemetery with Bro. Amison officiating. Parker Memorial Funeral Home of Vardaman is in charge of the […]
- BOBBY SANDERSON: Service to humanity November 15, 2014
- NEMCC softball named NFCA Top 10 academically November 18, 2014
- Stephens cast in ICC production November 18, 2014
- Houlka Community Thanksgiving is Nov. 22 November 19, 2014
- Defense plays its part in Cal-City’s perfect season November 19, 2014
- A man with a gun November 21, 2014
- Helping Hands of Houlka November 21, 2014
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Holiday stockpile November 20, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...