CALHOUN CITY – Nathan Bryan Harrison, 66, died Saturday, May 24, 2014, at his residence. He was born May 21, 1948, in Grenada to Calvin Dee and Julia Brown Harrison. After graduating from Calhoun City High School in 1966, he attended drafting school in Atlanta, Ga. He was a retired businessman. He was the co-founder […]
Tag Archives | Nathan
HOUSTON – Most people don’t know Okolona was raided by Union forces at least four times during the Civil War with at least two other skirmishes occurring around this “bread basket of the Confederacy.” The 150th anniversary of the Civil War has sparked interest in events that occurred in this area and the Chickasaw County […]
OXFORD – The following University of Mississippi students are among 813 candidates for degrees at the close of the fall semester. They are invited to participate in UM’s spring commencement scheduled May 14. n Brodee Lee Moore of Houlka, Bachelor of General Studies n Richard Bradley Moore of Houston, Bachelor of Business Administration n Constance […]
VARDAMAN – Nathan Eli Tharp, newborn, died Sunday, June 23, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center Women’s Center in Tupelo. He was born June 23, 2013. Graveside services will be at 3 p.m. Wednesday, June 26, at Rose Hill Cemetery with Bro. Amison officiating. Parker Memorial Funeral Home of Vardaman is in charge of the […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting Fines July 23, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- ICC offering newNational Guard program July 27, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...