Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – Willie Tucker Raspberry, 108, the matriarch of the nationally prominent Raspberry family of Okolona, died Friday in Indianapolis, where she had lived with a granddaughter since 2009. Raspberry, the widow of noted educator James Raspberry, who died in 1991, had been a longtime teacher in the Okolona public […]
Tag Archives | Nashville
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Bradley and Chadley Brassfield, sons of Chester and Robbie Brassfield of Houston, made the move to Nashville, Tenn., four years ago to pursue careers as recording artists in country music. They teamed up with singer/songwriter Aly Cutter and together they formed the harmonious trio Brassfield Aly. They’re currently produced by hit-songwriter Kenny […]
By Juliet Linderman and Travis Loller Associated Press BALTIMORE – An Arkansas megachurch pastor was elected Tuesday to lead the country’s Southern Baptists as the conservative denomination tries to turn around declining membership, church attendance and baptisms and faces increasing conflict with mainstream culture, especially over its conviction that gay sex is immoral. Later on […]
HOUSTON – Tim and Liz Dorgan may have been the first to officially cycle the Tanglefoot Trail and it brought them to Houston last week for supper, cycling, a good night’s sleep and little shopping. The Dorgans are on a fall trek of the Natchez Trace and made a special trip to Houston last week […]
By M. Scott Morris Daily Journal A getaway can involve a vacation to a faraway place, or a visit to the backyard. Northeast Mississippi is blessed with both in the form of the Natchez Trace Parkway, a National Scenic Byway that mixes history with natural beauty. Tupelo resident Tommy Caldwell, 70, is a regular visitor […]
Ms. Heidi Mangum Turner of Hermitage, Tenn., and Mr. Mark Turner of Dobson, NC, are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Hannah Turner, to Ben Hall, son of Mr. and Mrs. Jerry Hall of Okolona. In addition to being a talented vocalist and artist, Hannah is an architectural representative for Traditions In Tile, […]
HOUSTON – He grew up in Chickasaw County but his music and his message is aimed at an audience that has grown to become the largest concert tour in the world each winter. NewSong drummer Jack Pumphrey was raised in Houston and he will take the stage at Winter Jam in Tupelo Thursday night along […]
- Battle of Egypt marked and remembered March 22, 2015
- Hilltopper tennis squeezes in games March 26, 2015
- Ole Miss rallies for Jones March 26, 2015
- Region’s jobless rate rises March 27, 2015
- IHL, Jones mull possible contract extension March 27, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...