Dear Editor, Across the U.S. and in Mississippi, voucher programs have been a failure and a massive waste of taxpayer dollars. Nationally, research shows that children receiving vouchers to attend private schools perform no better than, and often worse than, their peers in public schools while diminishing resources for children being educated in public schools. […]
Tag Archives | Nancy
DERMA – Nancy Duncan, 39, died Saturday, Dec. 14, 2013, at her sister’s home in Pontotoc. She was born March 10, 1974, to Steve Paul Duncan and Henrietta Mann Duncan. Services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 17, at Houston Funeral Home in Houston with the Rev. Rex Wilbourn officiating. Burial will follow in Oak Springs […]
McCONDY – Nancy Jane Brown Ward, 89, passed away Saturday, Oct. 19, 2013, at her home in McCondy. She was born Feb. 11, 1924, in Chickasaw County to John Brown and Lizzie Huffman Brown. She was a homemaker and a member of Lawson Chapel Church of Christ. Services are 10 a.m. Monday, Oct. 21, […]
HOUSTON – A few minutes with Tommy Skelton and you realize there is more to this business than martial arts, but it takes a while to figure it out. Sho Kon Ryu is the style and there are many throws, strikes and moves found in traditional martial arts. It’s a style developed by Skelton over […]
CALHOUN CITY – Nancy Louise Young Gregg, 70, died Friday, June 21, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born April 26, 1943, in Dover, N.H., to Donald Young and Hazel Smith Young. She was a self-employed beautician and a member of New Hope Baptist Church in Webster County. She is survived […]
OKOLONA – Nancy Hays Fondren, 86, died Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at her home in Okolona. Services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, June 21, at the First Baptist Church in Okolona. Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Okolona Chapel of Holland Funeral Directors. A full obituary will be released […]
CALHOUN CITY – Nancy Lois Cannon Funderburg ,79, died at her home in the Pleasant Hill Community on March 28, 2013, where she had lived for more than 60 years. She was a resident of Calhoun City. She was born on Feb. 13, 1934, in Calhoun County, the daughter of Graves Cannon and Artie Parker […]
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...