Dear Editor, Across the U.S. and in Mississippi, voucher programs have been a failure and a massive waste of taxpayer dollars. Nationally, research shows that children receiving vouchers to attend private schools perform no better than, and often worse than, their peers in public schools while diminishing resources for children being educated in public schools. […]
Tag Archives | Nancy
DERMA – Nancy Duncan, 39, died Saturday, Dec. 14, 2013, at her sister’s home in Pontotoc. She was born March 10, 1974, to Steve Paul Duncan and Henrietta Mann Duncan. Services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 17, at Houston Funeral Home in Houston with the Rev. Rex Wilbourn officiating. Burial will follow in Oak Springs […]
McCONDY – Nancy Jane Brown Ward, 89, passed away Saturday, Oct. 19, 2013, at her home in McCondy. She was born Feb. 11, 1924, in Chickasaw County to John Brown and Lizzie Huffman Brown. She was a homemaker and a member of Lawson Chapel Church of Christ. Services are 10 a.m. Monday, Oct. 21, […]
HOUSTON – A few minutes with Tommy Skelton and you realize there is more to this business than martial arts, but it takes a while to figure it out. Sho Kon Ryu is the style and there are many throws, strikes and moves found in traditional martial arts. It’s a style developed by Skelton over […]
CALHOUN CITY – Nancy Louise Young Gregg, 70, died Friday, June 21, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born April 26, 1943, in Dover, N.H., to Donald Young and Hazel Smith Young. She was a self-employed beautician and a member of New Hope Baptist Church in Webster County. She is survived […]
OKOLONA – Nancy Hays Fondren, 86, died Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at her home in Okolona. Services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, June 21, at the First Baptist Church in Okolona. Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Okolona Chapel of Holland Funeral Directors. A full obituary will be released […]
CALHOUN CITY – Nancy Lois Cannon Funderburg ,79, died at her home in the Pleasant Hill Community on March 28, 2013, where she had lived for more than 60 years. She was a resident of Calhoun City. She was born on Feb. 13, 1934, in Calhoun County, the daughter of Graves Cannon and Artie Parker […]
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Houston man arrested for fraud. May 21, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...