By Brandon Speck Daily Journal Calhoun City has bowled over opponents this season, scoring in bunches – 42.4 points per game. That’s about 33 points more than the Wildcats’ defense needed, on average. The offensive numbers get the headlines, deservedly. Calhoun City (12-0), the state’s top Class 2A team, has rushed for 319.2 yards per […]
Tag Archives | Nabors
HOUSTON – Houston High School has released the honor roll for the academic year. Ninth Grade Superintendent’s List Sandy Garner, Rodrigo Hernandez, Malik Lawrence and Alex Springer. Ninth Grade Principal’s List Austin Barfield, Caroline Blakenship, Maggie Flatt, Tori Graves, Trey Griggs, Garrett Harrell, Kayla Mims, Andrew Mitchell, Hunter Moore, Sharia Moore, Harley Nabors, Hayden Powell, […]
JACKSON – Three local students recently spent some time in the State Capitol as Senate pages for District 8 Senator Russell Jolly of Houston. Harley Morgan Nabors, Alexis Smith and Alex Springer all made their first trip to Jackson to participate in the page program. Pages traditionally run errands for officials and Senate staff and […]
OKOLONA – Juanita DeVall, 93, died Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, in Edmond, Okla., where she had lived since 2005 to be close to her daughter, Brenda. She was born Oct. 6, 1920, in Nettleton to Fred Payne and Jimmie Lou Monts Payne. She moved to Okolona in 1941 where she and her husband, Buford Nabors […]
CALHOUN CITY – Laquita Joy Barton Stewart, 78, died Monday, Nov. 25, 2013, at her home. She was born Feb, 20, 1935, in Calhoun City to Joseph Grady Barton and Rena Maye Harrelson Barton. She was retired from child care at Lewis Memorial United Methodist Church. She was a member of Macedonia Baptist Church. Survivors […]
HOUSTON – Lee Nabors smiled as he presented a check for $1,000 to Dennis and Sandra Morgan who also had big smiles. The Morgans were recently chosen for a spring shopping spree at Nabors Do-It-Best Home Center as part of the Houston store’s annual drawing for a lucky local shopper. “I love doing this and […]
OKOLONA – Leslie Lynell Nabors, 42, died Friday, May 24, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born April 3, 1971, to Hattie Nabors and Earl Dearing. She was a graduate of Okolona High School and a former employee of Tecumseh Products Co. and Sonic. She was a member of Clark Chapel Church. Services […]
OKOLONA – Hattie Nabors, 77, died Tuesday, May 28, 2013, at Gilmore Memorial Hospital in Amory. She was born July 11, 1935, to the late Walter McClendon and Reverta King McClendon. She was a former member of Zion Spring and a member of the Clark Chapel Church. She was a former employee of Indian […]
HOUSTON – A homeowner woke up coughing about 2 a.m. Monday to discover a fire in her trailer on Highway 8 east of Houston. Firefighters responded to a fire call at 105 Marie Drive east of Houston early Monday and found the trailer owned by Norman and Melissa Nabors full engulfed in flames, but the […]
- Boyer, Mitchell earn DAR History honors March 24, 2015
- Easter Egg Hunt is noon Saturday March 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- Houston plans for farmer’s market March 31, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...