(Courtesy Photo) James Myers had a good morning on New Year’s Day as he harvested this thick-antlered, 8-point typical. Myers, who is also Chief Deputy for the Chicksasaw County Sheriff’s Department, said he “caught one slipping this morning,” sometime before 10 a.m. Jan. 1.
Tag Archives | Myers
HOUSTON – The formal search for an elderly Houston man who has been missing more than a week was called off Friday. Willie C. “Doc” Harries, 72, was last seen Saturday, Aug. 23, at 5 p.m. in the Wofford Drive area in Houston. He was on foot and wearing a multi-colored shirt and blue jeans. He […]
HOUSTON – It was simple gifts of soap, shampoo and reading material, but to inmates at the Chickasaw County Regional Correctional Facility it was a hand of hope. Hands of Hope, a national ministry aimed at jails and prisons, delivered a truckload of those supplies to the Houston facility earlier this month with the goal […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – When Pasty Gore went 10-7 on Monday, it marked 23 years of always being the person people from across the county could call for help. Gore formally retired as Chickasaw County 911 director June 30 and a community-wide reception will be held at Chickasaw County Regional Correctional Facility from 2-4 p.m. July […]
THORN – A Chickasaw County youth was airlifted to a regional hospital with internal injuries after a 4-wheeler he was riding on was involved in an accident Friday evening. Chief Deputy James Myers, of the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department said Matthew Stone, a Houston teenager, was seriously injured when the ATV he was riding on […]
HOUSTON – A 15-year-old boy was airlifted from Chickasaw County with a bullet wound to the head following what is believed to be a hunting accident Thursday. Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department Chief Deputy James Myers said the incident occurred about noon off of Enon Road in Eastern Chickasaw County after the youth were wrapping up […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – If someone calls you and says you’ve won, you may be headed for a loss. One of the latest scams to hit Chickasaw County has a telephone call saying you’ve won a tractor, lottery or some type of sweepstakes and all you need to do is pay the taxes and you’ll get […]
HOUSTON – Two teenagers have been seriously burned and a third has died following an Saturday morning fire in eastern Chickasaw County. Authorities said Tony Mark “Bubba” Raines, 16, died enroute to Central Mississippi Medical Center Saturday morning. His brother Logan Raines, 14, and Trent Huffman, 16, were also burned when the camper they were […]
HOUSTON – Two teenagers have been seriously burned and a third has died in an early morning fire in Chickasaw County. Authorities are not releasing the name of the fatality or the other two victims pending notification of next or kin, but did say the fatality was a 16-year-old male and the other two burned […]
HOUSTON – Authorities are investigating an apparent murder at a home east of town and are asking the community for help in gathering information. The Houston Police Department was called to the home of Ray “Shorty” Bevill, 75, at 206 Aberdeen Road Monday after friends and family could not get him to come to the […]
- Houston to craft no-smoking ordinance May 17, 2016
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...