HOUSTON – 134 pianists of different ages and skill levels joined together at Harrisburg Baptist Church in Tupelo to share their faith through music during the annual keyboard festival sponsored by the Mississippi Baptist Convention. The Area II festival was one of 11 statewide festivals held this year in various locations from Corinth to Pascagoula […]
Tag Archives | music
The boys will be home this weekend. My two oldest will make the trek home from college Friday night. Sara has been planning for their arrival for more than a month. Special foods have been bought, the house has been decorated, Christmas gifts are ready and she has lined up a “schedule of events” to […]
The following Christmas musicals will be presented at local churches today. The public is urged to attend. – Gospel Hurricane Christmas celebration will be held Dec. 8 at 5 p.m. at Alpha and Omega Transformational Ministries in Houston. – Children’s Choir at Parkway Baptist Church in Houston will perform, “Christmas in Black and White,” Dec. […]
HOULKA – Cornbread cooking is serious business in this neck of the woods and there will be competition next week to find out who can cook up the best pan of cornbread Houlka will host the Cornbread Festival starting at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 12 on the Square with music, fun and – of course […]
BILOXI – Robert “Bob” Lunceford, 62, passed away on Monday, July 22, 2013. He was born June 26, 1951, to Rupert and Jane Lunceford in Calhoun City. He graduated from Calhoun City High School in 1969 and received a B.S. degree in nurse anesthesiology from the University of Mississippi in 1979. He had a passion […]
HOUSTON – On Saturday night it will be all about hometown Houston. The annual Houston Homecoming celebration gets underway Saturday afternoon offering live music, food, children’s games and an opportunity for community fellowship. The Houston Homecoming Committee has handed out red-white-and-blue buntings to businesses downtown and asked them to put them up to get the […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Civic Center in Joe Brigance Park is a community building but apparently needs city oversight to help keep it nice and safe for all. Police Chief Billy Voyles voiced his concerns to Houston Alderman earlier this month about the type of events that have been hosted recently in the main room […]
Community choir members,we have again been invited to participate in the Houston Homecoming Celebration by singing a medley of patriotic music at the beginning of the program at 5 p.m. on Saturday, June 29, on the Courthouse Square. I am asking you to share the word with your friends, neighbors, fellow choir and congregation members […]
Houston is alive with The Sound of Music. The Houston Community Theater will perform the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical The Sound of Music at the Houston High School Auditorium at 7 p.m. March 23. “It has a smaller cast and the talent is vast,” said HCT Director Janet Coker. “There is good chemistry between the […]
HOUSTON – He grew up in Chickasaw County but his music and his message is aimed at an audience that has grown to become the largest concert tour in the world each winter. NewSong drummer Jack Pumphrey was raised in Houston and he will take the stage at Winter Jam in Tupelo Thursday night along […]
- Extension gives out 1,600 trees March 3, 2014
- Lady Eagles wrap in Overall March 6, 2014
- Dale Weeks March 6, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: A dog named Sunday March 6, 2014
- Virginia Dopson March 6, 2014
- Big Bass! March 8, 2014
- Spring forward! March 8, 2014
- WINTER JAM: Christian music festival sells out at BancorpSouth Arena March 7, 2014
- Reading is learning March 7, 2014
- All runs come to an end March 7, 2014
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- WEDDING: Earnest/Morgan | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] E.J. Earnest […]...
- 60th ANNIVERSARY: Rad & Betty Clark | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Ralph Coggins […]...