By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – Mississippi State appeared to be on the verge of a sub-par signing class until a pair of local highly rated prospects helped its cause. The Bulldogs received commitments and national letters of intent from Noxubee County five-star defensive end Jeffrey Simmons and Starkville four-star defensive tackle Kobe Jones […]
Tag Archives | Mullen
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – Dan Mullen’s eyes welled up with tears as he stood behind a podium following Wednesday’s Belk Bowl, searching for words to describe what Dak Prescott meant to him. The senior quarterback had just capped off his illustrious career at Mississippi State by leading to the Bulldogs to […]
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – Chris Jones is ready to take his talents to the next level. The Houston native, a Mississippi State defensive tackle, has decided to pass up his final season in Starkville to declare for the 2016 NFL Draft. “After discussing it with my family, I will forgo my senior […]
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen was out recruiting last Friday night along with assistant coach Billy Gonzales when a phone call changed everything. Mullen was informed by MSU director of player personnel Rockey Felker that freshman defensive end Keith Joseph Jr. had died in a one-vehicle accident along […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal STARKVILLE – He was the state’s most highly recruited football player and the No. 2 prospect in the nation in 2012 and in his third year at Mississippi State, Chris Jones wants this to be the season he and the Bulldogs once again take the national spotlight. Jones played […]
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – When Dan Mullen was hired at Mississippi State seven years ago, he vowed to keep in-state recruits at home. Mullen has held true to his word. Of the 176 players Mullen has signed since 2009, 111 have been from programs within the Magnolia State. The Bulldogs brought in […]
By David Brandt AP Sports Writer STARKVILLE – As a freshman, Chris Jones was arguably Mississippi State’s best defensive football player. The scary part for opponents is he didn’t really know what he was doing. The 6-foot-5, 300-pound defensive tackle from nearby Houston used his sheer talent to finish with 32 tackles, including seven tackles […]
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...