And you know how the rest of the song goes. If you don’t, you’re too young to be reading this column anyway. Yep, I passed another milestone, one more birthday. Birthdays don’t bother me anymore. I’m actually pretty proud I made it this far and am looking forward to more. I did have one very […]
Tag Archives | mother
Attention to all of my loyal readers. This Sunday, May 11, is Mother’s day. Mother’s Day began as a day to honor those mothers whose son(s) sacrificed their lives in service to their country. It later honored all mothers and the important place they have in the lives of the children of our country. Many […]
We celebrate Mother’s Day on Sunday. Preacher will extoll the virtues of mothers on Sunday and come back in a few weeks and beat up on men on Father’s Day. Such is Southern culture. Such is the fact that good women can bring out the best in good men. First there was the woman who […]
Babies are not abandoned in Houston every day. And this community is thankful for that. So the discovery of a baby boy left in a shed in Houston recently not only shocked this community but left many wondering why. When the community found out the same woman responsible for this alleged abandonment had abandoned a […]
Breaking the cycle takes education, responsibility, concern CHICKASAW COUNTY – While the number of teen pregnancies nationwide is dropping, Chickasaw County still has one of the highest rates in the country. In 2011, the last year for complete numbers, the state reported 29 births to teen mothers in Chickasaw County, […]
HOUSTON – “You do not know until you get there what you will do,” Lori Harrington said emphatically. “Don’t ever say you know what you’d do in a situation – or what your kids would do – because you don’t until it happens.” Harrington didn’t know what she’d do if she found herself pregnant at […]
QUEEN CREEK, Ariz. – Kathleen Ann Erikson, 64, passed away Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2014. She was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, sister, aunt and friend. She was born in Mystic, Conn., to Lawrence and Angeline Walsh. She has been a resident of Arizona for 30 years in Phoenix, Scottsdale and Queen Creek. She leaves friends […]
Work never stops for stay-at-home mom Editor’s Note: This is the first of four articles on area women making a difference in their community. HOUSTON – Stay-at-home mom is a career most women look toward with envy, but like any job it’s a lot of hard work and there are days you wish […]
HOUSTON – He grew up in Chickasaw County but his music and his message is aimed at an audience that has grown to become the largest concert tour in the world each winter. NewSong drummer Jack Pumphrey was raised in Houston and he will take the stage at Winter Jam in Tupelo Thursday night along […]
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...