HOUSTON – A Chickasaw County man is the first person to trek all 44-miles of the Tanglefoot Trail in a day in a wheelchair. “It’s actually 43.6 miles,” said a tired but smiling Robbie Pipkin. “I am worn slap out, but I’m so glad I did this. I am so glad I did this.” Pipkin […]
Tag Archives | Morris
HOULKA – Hilda Morris Clark Wilkerson, 90, died Monday, May 5, 2014, in Lakeland, Fla. She was born Feb. 3, 1924, to Joe Will Clark and Ora Lilly James Clark. She was retired from Smith and Nephew in Memphis. Services will be at 4 p.m. Sunday, May 11, at Poplar Springs Baptist Church in Vardaman […]
BRUCE – Erma Grace Stewart, 91, died Wednesday, May 7, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. She was born May 5, 1923, in Bruce. She was the oldest member of Old Field Methodist Church. She was devoted to her church and loved her family and friends. She enjoyed yard work, cooking and being […]
HOULKA – Jake Morris Ledbetter Jr., 89, died on Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014, at his residence in Houlka. Born Wednesday, Jan. 14, 1925, he was the son of the late Jake Ledbetter and the late Winnie Ledbetter. He was retired from Houston Chemical of Houston, Texas, where he worked for 30 years. Survivors include his […]
HOULKA – Gerald Morris Fortner, 56, died suddenly Friday, Feb. 7, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Aug. 9, 1957, in Chickasaw County to John and Hollen Fortner, and he was a lifelong resident of Houlka. He was a longtime manager of T.M. Parks Sales and Drilling in Houlka, where […]
HOUSTON – Walter Morris “W. M.” Allen Jr., 87, died Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013, at his home in Houston. He was born Sept. 30, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Walter Morris Allen Sr. and Alma Lee Cox Allen. He was a retired farmer, a welder for B&W in West Point, a WWII Army veteran, and […]
HOUSTON – It’s not the route any of them wanted to go to get their GED, but they are looking to the future and doors it may open. Five inmates at the Chickasaw County Regional Correctional Facility recently earned their GED (General Education Development) diploma and were the focus of a quick graduation ceremony […]
WEST POINT – William C. “Buddy” Huffman II, 38, passed away on Friday, July 12, 2013, at his home in West Point. He was born June 4, 1975, in Hayti, Mo., to Janice Morris Henley and William Curtis Huffman I. He was a salesman at Mitchell Automotive. He was a member of West End Baptist […]
PONTOTOC – An escaped Pontotoc County inmate is back in jail along with his alleged co-conspirator. Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask said Gary Brooke Sneed, 32, of Houston, was brought back to the Pontotoc County Jail Tuesday. Sneed walked off a work program site six weeks ago. He was picked up by Florida law enforcement […]
HOUSTON – Patients and visitors to Trace Regional Hospital in Houston know they will b greeted with a smile and a helping hand by Auxiliary members – the Pink Ladies. The volunteer group was formed in 1978 to assist patients and staff members and has been going strong ever since. Jane Bowles is one of […]
- School ratings a shame November 16, 2014
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Roof concerns discussed again November 20, 2014
- Holiday stockpile November 20, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- Mississippi jobless rate at 7.6 percent in October November 22, 2014
- WEEK 14: High school football playoff scores November 22, 2014
- Floy Dyer serving community seniors November 22, 2014
- Hunting is part of my heritage November 21, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...