HOUSTON – Barbara Soucoup, 72, died Sunday, Jan. 12, 2014, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. She was born Oct. 12, 1941, in Houston to Albert Simmons and Avis Griffin Simmons. She was an insurance agent for Liberty National Life Insurance Company She was known for working at Moore’s Restaurant for many years. Services […]
Tag Archives | Moore’s Restaurant
HOUSTON – James Wilson Smith, 78, died Thursday, Sept. 5, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was born July 17, 1935, in Van Vleet to Woodrow Wilson Smith and Ola Pauline Duke Smith. He was a retired carpenter and a regular patron of Moore’s Restaurant in Houston. Services will be at 10 […]
HOUSTON – They will tell you everything at Moore’s Restaurant, except what is in Moore’s Marinade. A hometown eatery since 1951, Moore’s Restaurant is known for cooking family food for . . . well, family and friends. “We know just about everyone who comes in the door,” said Julie Hollingsworth, restaurant manager. “I’m serious when […]
WOODLAND – Eva Lois Arledge Pierce, 90, died Monday, June 17, 2013. She was born Aug. 7, 1922, in Leake County to Andrew Jackson Moore and Nora Edwards Moore. She retired as a waitress at Moore’s Restaurant. She was a member of Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, June 19, […]
- Mr. Houston January 25, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- Trustees moving quickly January 30, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: James Meredith January 31, 2015
- Open posts in Chickasaw, Monroe draw crowd of candidates January 31, 2015
- AG arrests two for false filings January 31, 2015
- Nunnelee’s cancer no longer treatable, spokesman says January 30, 2015
- Supper in the sights January 30, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...