HOUSTON – Barbara Soucoup, 72, died Sunday, Jan. 12, 2014, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. She was born Oct. 12, 1941, in Houston to Albert Simmons and Avis Griffin Simmons. She was an insurance agent for Liberty National Life Insurance Company She was known for working at Moore’s Restaurant for many years. Services […]
Tag Archives | Moore’s Restaurant
HOUSTON – James Wilson Smith, 78, died Thursday, Sept. 5, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was born July 17, 1935, in Van Vleet to Woodrow Wilson Smith and Ola Pauline Duke Smith. He was a retired carpenter and a regular patron of Moore’s Restaurant in Houston. Services will be at 10 […]
HOUSTON – They will tell you everything at Moore’s Restaurant, except what is in Moore’s Marinade. A hometown eatery since 1951, Moore’s Restaurant is known for cooking family food for . . . well, family and friends. “We know just about everyone who comes in the door,” said Julie Hollingsworth, restaurant manager. “I’m serious when […]
WOODLAND – Eva Lois Arledge Pierce, 90, died Monday, June 17, 2013. She was born Aug. 7, 1922, in Leake County to Andrew Jackson Moore and Nora Edwards Moore. She retired as a waitress at Moore’s Restaurant. She was a member of Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, June 19, […]
- Houston centralizes purchasing December 11, 2014
- Correctional Facility goes into lockdown December 15, 2014
- MHSAA announces new alignment December 15, 2014
- United Furniture buys former Lane plant for $1.45M December 15, 2014
- Take a bite out of Christmas crime December 16, 2014
- Board hears report on HUES December 18, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Christmas in Houston, Mississippi December 18, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Change December 18, 2014
- Houston considering fire chief December 18, 2014
- Tupelo man killed in Tuesday morning wreck December 17, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...