Six arrested in Pontotoc on meth charges David Helms Pontotoc Progress Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask said four Pontotoc County residents, along with a New Albany man and an Oxford woman, were arrested Monday night and charged with possession of methamphetamine. Mask said the six arrests were made after a search warrant was executed at […]
Tag Archives | Monroe
HOUSTON – Older workers can be better workers and a new program for the area is seeking to place those 55 and older in local jobs. Experience Works is taking applications for jobs in Chickasaw, Calhoun, Clay, Monroe and Webster counties from qualified workers. In this difficult economy, many older Mississippians are finding it necessary […]
WEST POINT – James Robert Bagwell, 66, passed away, Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born June 7, 1947, in Monroe County, the son of the late James William Bagwell and Margaret Stanford Bagwell McGraw. He was a member of First Baptist Church in West Point. He […]
TUPELO – Students from at least 12 Northeast Mississippi high schools will be able to earn college credit next year without leaving campus.Itawamba Community College has reached agreements with six school districts to offer the courses, which count for both high school and higher education requirements, beginning in the fall. School boards in the Tupelo […]
OKOLONA –The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department has made four arrests in a series of burglaries, with divers called in to recover some of the loot. Two homes on Forrest Street were burglarized about two weeks ago with guns, jewelry, watches and money stolen in the break-ins. It is believed that as authorities began developing suspects […]
WEST POINT – Charles Manuel Orman Sr., 76, passed away on Thursday, May 30, 2013, at State Veterans Home in Kosciusko. He was born Oct. 16, 1936, in Clay County to Mabell Blake and Clarence Monroe Orman. He had worked at Babcock & Wilcox where he was a B-fitter for 36 years. He was of […]
PONTOTOC – Monroe George Garrett, 66, died Monday, May 13, 2013, at Select Specialty Hospital in Jackson. A native of Pontotoc, he was the son of William and Bessie Mae Garrett. He was a member of McDonald United Methodist Church and a Marine veteran of the Vietnam War. He loved cooking, grilling, gardening, welding, building, […]
- LOCAL FOCUS: Rutherford Chiropractic March 5, 2014
- Senior night March 7, 2014
- All runs come to an end March 7, 2014
- Reading is learning March 7, 2014
- WINTER JAM: Christian music festival sells out at BancorpSouth Arena March 7, 2014
- Lenten lunches begin Wednesday March 11, 2014
- HOSA students moving on to State March 11, 2014
- Friends of Scouting dinner coming March 11, 2014
- Lady Toppers softball camp March 29 March 11, 2014
- Topper football pictures sought March 11, 2014
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- WEDDING: Earnest/Morgan | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] E.J. Earnest […]...
- 60th ANNIVERSARY: Rad & Betty Clark | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Ralph Coggins […]...