Monroe Journal An Okolona man was arrested at a safety check point and faces a narcotics charge. The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office’s Narcotics Unit arrested Anthony T. McIntosh, 37. The arrest was the result of a safety check point at DeYoe Road and Highway 278 West. McIntosh is charged with possession of marijuana, felony amount. […]
Tag Archives | Monroe County
Monroe Journal AMORY – The Amory Police Department arrested Jeterrance Larrel Taylor Richey, 26, of Okolona, for felony shoplifting after an incident at a business on Highway 278 East. Richey is currently being held in the Amory City Jail on a $5,000 bond set by Monroe County Justice Court Judge Robert Fowlkes.
By Ray Van Dusen Monroe Journal STRONG – According to Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell, his department is helping in the investigation of an apparent arson in southern Monroe County late Tuesday. “Apparently someone was going up and down the road setting fires to ditch banks. This is the very first report we’ve had of […]
PRAIRIE – Sidney Lenoir, 95, died Sunday, July 7, 2013, at his home. He was born April 23, 1918, in Monroe County to Jimmie and Addie Ewing Lenoir. He was a retired carpenter and farmer. He attended Baptist Grove Church in Prairie. Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, July 11, at Baptist Grove Church […]
- Mr. Houston January 25, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- Trustees moving quickly January 30, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: James Meredith January 31, 2015
- Open posts in Chickasaw, Monroe draw crowd of candidates January 31, 2015
- AG arrests two for false filings January 31, 2015
- Nunnelee’s cancer no longer treatable, spokesman says January 30, 2015
- Supper in the sights January 30, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...