Monroe Journal An Okolona man was arrested at a safety check point and faces a narcotics charge. The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office’s Narcotics Unit arrested Anthony T. McIntosh, 37. The arrest was the result of a safety check point at DeYoe Road and Highway 278 West. McIntosh is charged with possession of marijuana, felony amount. […]
Tag Archives | Monroe County
Monroe Journal AMORY – The Amory Police Department arrested Jeterrance Larrel Taylor Richey, 26, of Okolona, for felony shoplifting after an incident at a business on Highway 278 East. Richey is currently being held in the Amory City Jail on a $5,000 bond set by Monroe County Justice Court Judge Robert Fowlkes.
By Ray Van Dusen Monroe Journal STRONG – According to Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell, his department is helping in the investigation of an apparent arson in southern Monroe County late Tuesday. “Apparently someone was going up and down the road setting fires to ditch banks. This is the very first report we’ve had of […]
PRAIRIE – Sidney Lenoir, 95, died Sunday, July 7, 2013, at his home. He was born April 23, 1918, in Monroe County to Jimmie and Addie Ewing Lenoir. He was a retired carpenter and farmer. He attended Baptist Grove Church in Prairie. Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, July 11, at Baptist Grove Church […]
- McDaniel supporters comb ballot boxes July 19, 2014
- District eye suit to fund MAEP July 23, 2014
- Foard receives 2014 DEKALB award July 23, 2014
- Emergency July 24, 2014
- Houston schools prep for registration July 24, 2014
- Gates signs with Northeast July 26, 2014
- Dodge’s Store robbed in Okolona July 25, 2014
- United Way holds Back to School resource fairs July 25, 2014
- It’s all about passion July 25, 2014
- Let’s hear it for EARS! July 25, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...