Monroe Journal An Okolona man was arrested at a safety check point and faces a narcotics charge. The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office’s Narcotics Unit arrested Anthony T. McIntosh, 37. The arrest was the result of a safety check point at DeYoe Road and Highway 278 West. McIntosh is charged with possession of marijuana, felony amount. […]
Tag Archives | Monroe County
Monroe Journal AMORY – The Amory Police Department arrested Jeterrance Larrel Taylor Richey, 26, of Okolona, for felony shoplifting after an incident at a business on Highway 278 East. Richey is currently being held in the Amory City Jail on a $5,000 bond set by Monroe County Justice Court Judge Robert Fowlkes.
By Ray Van Dusen Monroe Journal STRONG – According to Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell, his department is helping in the investigation of an apparent arson in southern Monroe County late Tuesday. “Apparently someone was going up and down the road setting fires to ditch banks. This is the very first report we’ve had of […]
PRAIRIE – Sidney Lenoir, 95, died Sunday, July 7, 2013, at his home. He was born April 23, 1918, in Monroe County to Jimmie and Addie Ewing Lenoir. He was a retired carpenter and farmer. He attended Baptist Grove Church in Prairie. Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, July 11, at Baptist Grove Church […]
- Houlka Community Thanksgiving is Nov. 22 November 19, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it November 23, 2014
- A golfer’s tale November 23, 2014
- Houston ready for tipoff and tournament November 23, 2014
- Chieftains to stand tall on court November 24, 2014
- Come in from the cold November 26, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- CHICKASAW COUNTY: Luther wins Circuit Judge, Pettit wins Houston trustee November 25, 2014
- Houlka ready for another run this season November 25, 2014
- Bells will be ringing November 25, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...