HOUSTON – Chickasaw County is dotted with Indian mounds with the Owl Creek, Bynum and Thelma mounds giving a little insight on how people lived in this area thousands of years ago. The Chickasaw County Historical & Genealogical Society hosted Dr. Janet Rafferty, professor of the Department of Anthropology and Middle Eastern Culture at […]
Tag Archives | Mississippi State University
STARKVILLE (AP) – Mississippi State University is partnering with Prestage Farms Inc. as its researchers prepare to resume swine-related studies. The result has been the installation of feeders, a new watering system, a feed auger system to move feed to the pigs as needed and ventilation curtains that open and close automatically to control the […]
HOUSTON – The Indian mounds in Chickasaw County probably raise more questions than they can ever answer. But the Chickasaw County Historical & Genealogical Society will offer some answers at a program set for 7 p.m. Oct. 17 at the Chickasaw County Heritage Museum on Woodland Circle in Joe Brigance Park. Historical Society President […]
By Brad Locke Daily Journal STARKVILLE – In the short time Chris Jones has been on campus, he’s already made a strong impression on his coaches and teammates. Not just on the field, but off it, too. The biggest prospect to sign with Mississippi State in years, Jones comes in as a freshman weighted with […]
Mr. and Mrs. Charles Houser Weaver of Houston announce the engagement of their daughter, Leigh Ann Weaver, to Jerome Raymond Mabry, son of Dr. and Mrs. Raymond Lee Mabry of Lake. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Calvin Leon Young of Pontotoc and Mrs. Bernice Weaver and the late Mr. Robert Earnest […]
STARKVILLE – The Houston High School FFA team headed to Starkville April 5 to participate in State competition on the campus of Mississippi State University and had a great showing. More than 500 FFA members making up 138 junior and senior level teams in 14 different Career Development events attended the annual State Contest day […]
OKOLONA – Harvey Lee Snow Jr., Ph.D., 78, died Saturday, July 20, 2013, at Darlington Oaks in Verona. He was born Feb. 10, 1935, in the Egypt community to Harvey Lee Snow Sr. and Estervell Ward Snow. He received his education from Red Bud Elementary School, Shivers High School, Okolona Industrial College, Mississippi Industrial College […]
Kimberly Bingham of Booneville and Marlon and Julie Bingham of Booneville announce the engagement of their daughter, Jacki-Lea Whitley Bingham, to Caleb Lamar Alford, son of Jimmy and Amy Alford of Woodland. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mrs. Louise Whitley and the late Mr. William Thomas Whitley, Ms. Lakue Bingham and Mr. Thirmon Bingham […]
by Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON — Former Houston defensive end Chris Jones has enrolled at Mississippi State. Jones, the Bulldogs’ prized recruit, and Oxford, Ala., defensive lineman Trent Simpson began their academic careers as second summer term classes began Wednesday. Jones, a 5-star recruit who transferred from Nettleton for his last two prep […]
HOUSTON – Most people have a vegetable garden each summer, but doing it on a commercial scale and making money at it takes special skills and a lot of sweat equity. Doil Moore and James Earnest tend to roughly 25-acres south of Houston and pull tomatoes, onions, peppers, okra, cucumbers, squash, beans, potatoes and peas […]
- Cook named HSD superintendent May 21, 2015
- Spring squirrel season opens May 23, 2015
- Looking at the future May 24, 2015
- Monday morning Memorial Day May 24, 2015
- Click It or Ticket! May 25, 2015
- 2015 alligator hunting seasons announced May 27, 2015
- Learning to give May 27, 2015
- MDEQ awards solid waste grant to Chickasaw County May 27, 2015
- Handgrabbing fishing season is open statewide until July 15 May 26, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...