STARKVILLE (AP) – Mississippi State University is partnering with Prestage Farms Inc. as its researchers prepare to resume swine-related studies. The result has been the installation of feeders, a new watering system, a feed auger system to move feed to the pigs as needed and ventilation curtains that open and close automatically to control the […]
Tag Archives | Mississippi State University
HOUSTON – The Indian mounds in Chickasaw County probably raise more questions than they can ever answer. But the Chickasaw County Historical & Genealogical Society will offer some answers at a program set for 7 p.m. Oct. 17 at the Chickasaw County Heritage Museum on Woodland Circle in Joe Brigance Park. Historical Society President […]
By Brad Locke Daily Journal STARKVILLE – In the short time Chris Jones has been on campus, he’s already made a strong impression on his coaches and teammates. Not just on the field, but off it, too. The biggest prospect to sign with Mississippi State in years, Jones comes in as a freshman weighted with […]
Mr. and Mrs. Charles Houser Weaver of Houston announce the engagement of their daughter, Leigh Ann Weaver, to Jerome Raymond Mabry, son of Dr. and Mrs. Raymond Lee Mabry of Lake. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Calvin Leon Young of Pontotoc and Mrs. Bernice Weaver and the late Mr. Robert Earnest […]
STARKVILLE – The Houston High School FFA team headed to Starkville April 5 to participate in State competition on the campus of Mississippi State University and had a great showing. More than 500 FFA members making up 138 junior and senior level teams in 14 different Career Development events attended the annual State Contest day […]
OKOLONA – Harvey Lee Snow Jr., Ph.D., 78, died Saturday, July 20, 2013, at Darlington Oaks in Verona. He was born Feb. 10, 1935, in the Egypt community to Harvey Lee Snow Sr. and Estervell Ward Snow. He received his education from Red Bud Elementary School, Shivers High School, Okolona Industrial College, Mississippi Industrial College […]
Kimberly Bingham of Booneville and Marlon and Julie Bingham of Booneville announce the engagement of their daughter, Jacki-Lea Whitley Bingham, to Caleb Lamar Alford, son of Jimmy and Amy Alford of Woodland. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mrs. Louise Whitley and the late Mr. William Thomas Whitley, Ms. Lakue Bingham and Mr. Thirmon Bingham […]
by Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON — Former Houston defensive end Chris Jones has enrolled at Mississippi State. Jones, the Bulldogs’ prized recruit, and Oxford, Ala., defensive lineman Trent Simpson began their academic careers as second summer term classes began Wednesday. Jones, a 5-star recruit who transferred from Nettleton for his last two prep […]
HOUSTON – Most people have a vegetable garden each summer, but doing it on a commercial scale and making money at it takes special skills and a lot of sweat equity. Doil Moore and James Earnest tend to roughly 25-acres south of Houston and pull tomatoes, onions, peppers, okra, cucumbers, squash, beans, potatoes and peas […]
- Saturday shooting sends woman to surgery March 23, 2015
- Region’s jobless rate rises March 27, 2015
- IHL, Jones mull possible contract extension March 27, 2015
- Easter Egg Hunt is noon Saturday March 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...