By Michaela Gibson Morris Daily Journal TUPELO – A second Mississippi resident who traveled to Haiti has tested positive for the Zika virus. The Mississippi State Department of Health on Friday confirmed a Noxubee County resident had become ill with the mosquito-borne virus. The first case was reported Thursday in a Madison County resident. University […]
Tag Archives | Mission
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – Mission Mississippi was in town on Martin Luther King Day seeking to further King’s ultimate goal – racial reconciliation. Mission Mississippi representatives met at Okolona City Auditorium to re-activate its Okolona Chapter with Mission Mississippi President Neddie Winters traveling from his home in Clinton to help in […]
HOUSTON – It is a 15-hour trip from Savage, Minn., to Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church in Houston. But Kate Ruth, 15, said she missed it last year and was not going to miss a chance to meet with her Houston friends again this summer – even if it is 997-mile from the front […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw Development Foundation voted to change their mission statement and will now focus more on community building, attracting businesses and improving the quality of life for Chickasaw County. CDF bylaws require the organization to have a mission statement and leaders are charged with following it and using it as a guide in […]
The Chickasaw Development Foundation gathered last week to adopt a new mission statement. The nay-sayers may scoff at the words on paper and say it doesn’t mean much. We beg to differ. The key to building a community – or anything in this world – is first to have a plan and then to […]
Everyone travels during the summer, some more and further than others. And we’ve all had travelers on our prayer lists for youth trips and missions and things such as that. I was taking things pretty well in stride until it hit too close to home. My nephew, Charlie Hopson, joined three other youth and three […]
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...