By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – Mission Mississippi was in town on Martin Luther King Day seeking to further King’s ultimate goal – racial reconciliation. Mission Mississippi representatives met at Okolona City Auditorium to re-activate its Okolona Chapter with Mission Mississippi President Neddie Winters traveling from his home in Clinton to help in […]
Tag Archives | Mission Mississippi
“It was the third of June, another sleepy, dusty Delta day…” That is the wonderful opening line to one of the best-selling and best tunes of the 1960s, Bobbie Gentry’s hauntingly beautiful “Ode to Billie Joe.” Outwardly the song is a mystery about the nature of a relationship between a young girl and a boy […]
During my tenure here at the Chickasaw Journal, I’ve had the opportunity to meet some interesting people and attend some really cool events. I’ve even said, more than once, “That was the coolest thing I’ve ever seen.” But this time – it really is. Last week, students from Houston, Houlka and Okolona carried a cross […]
- Houston to craft no-smoking ordinance May 17, 2016
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...