Greetings to each of you I always look forward to hearing from the readers and this has been a bountiful week. While visiting my cousin, Ms Doris Ferguson, of Randolph, she asked me about an article I had written concerning, God has a plan for our lives. After returning home I found one dated in […]
Tag Archives | ministry
HOUSTON – The second weekly service of Lenten lunches will be held at noon today at Houston First United Methodist Church Family Life Center and the community is being urged to attend. “It’s a great opportunity for believers to join together and focus on repentance, self examination, prayer and to get ready for Easter,” said Melissa […]
HOUSTON – It takes a family to make a house a home. Houston Habitat for Humanity is seeking members for its Family Search Committee as they begin the process of building another home in the community. “Getting the right people to join with Habitat is so critical to make the process of work,” said Barbara […]
Work never stops for stay-at-home mom Editor’s Note: This is the first of four articles on area women making a difference in their community. HOUSTON – Stay-at-home mom is a career most women look toward with envy, but like any job it’s a lot of hard work and there are days you wish […]
The mission at Mugs on Main is to bring community together and if they can sell a cup of coffee and a cookie along the way, that’s great. Mugs on Main opened at the front of Excel Common’s senior adult center a little over a year ago as a venue for older residents of Okolona […]
- Houston centralizes purchasing December 11, 2014
- BIRTHDAY: Mary Ruth Johnson December 14, 2014
- Pulling it all together December 15, 2014
- Correctional Facility goes into lockdown December 15, 2014
- MHSAA announces new alignment December 15, 2014
- Reaching out to offenders December 17, 2014
- Houston superintendent’s contract not renewed December 17, 2014
- Topper Old Timer December 16, 2014
- United Furniture to expand in former Lane building December 16, 2014
- Take a bite out of Christmas crime December 16, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...