By Jack Elliott Jr. Associated Press JACKSON – A Mississippi death row inmate is back before the state’s high court to challenge the evidence and his lawyer’s performance during his trial in the slayings of two elderly women. Willie Jerome Manning is appealing an Oktibbeha County judge’s denial of his post-conviction challenges related to evidence […]
Tag Archives | Miller
OKOLONA – Okolona High School has released the honor roll for the fourth nine weeks. Fifth Grade Superintendent’s List Jalariyon Darnell Collins Fifth Grade Principal’s List Taylor B. Chapman, Addison Mckenzie Floyd, Makayla Kiara Hodges, Valencia Elizabeth Hughes, Jakiaila Netaysha Ivy and Darrick Ahmad Whitfield, Jr. Sixth Grade Principal’s List Marquavius Ladezma Baker, Jacobren Christopher […]
WEST POINT – William Harold “Pete” Edwards Jr., DVM, 69, passed away on Sunday, June 1, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center-West Point. He was born on July 13, 1944, to Mary Jean Hardin and William Harold Edwards Sr. He was the owner of West Point Animal Clinic for many years. He was a member […]
TUPELO – Barbara Miller Kelly, 73, died Saturday, May 10, 2014, at her residence. She was born Dec. 30, 1940 to Joseph P. II and Edith Anglin Miller at Gilmore Sanatorium in Amory. She married the love of her life, Capt. Alfred C. Kelly, on April 18, 1970. He preceded her in death on Aug. […]
By Jack Elliott Jr. Associated Press JACKSON – Attorneys for death row inmate Willie Jerome Manning are arguing again that Manning deserves a new trial for killing two sisters in 1993 in Starkville. Manning is appealing an Oktibbeha County judge’s denial of his post-conviction challenges related to evidence in his trial and his lawyer’s performance. […]
CALHOUN CITY – Gwendolyn Killingsworth Shipp, 86, died Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Calhoun Health Service Nursing Home in Calhoun City. She was born Nov. 10, 1927, in Greenville to A.K. Killingsworth and Octa Culp Killingsworth. She was a homemaker and a member of Lewis Memorial United Methodist Church. She was a charter member of […]
HOUSTON – Joe Miller Hewitt, 72, died Friday, Dec. 21, 2013 at Golden Living Center in Eupora. He was born Oct. 4, 1941 in Humphreys County to Thomas Benton and Hattie Hood Hewitt. He was a retired factory worker and member of Pontotoc Church of Christ. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 21 […]
CALHOUN CITY – Robert Miller, 84, died Thursday, Nov. 28, 2013, at his home. Services will be at 1 p.m. today, Dec. 6, at Church of the Living God in Calhoun City. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge of arrangements. Visitation will be from 11 […]
CALHOUN CITY – Robert Miller, 82, died Thursday, Nov. 28, 2013, at his home. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce.
OKOLONA – Ruby Stean “”Lut”” Miller Hopson, 55, died Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2013, at her residence. She was born Oct. 6, 1958, to Henry Miller and Mary Price Miller. She was a member of Poplar Springs CME Church and the Chancel Choir. She was a former employee of North Mississippi Medical Center. Services will be […]
CALHOUN CITY – Ray D. Miller, 49, died Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce.
Will Miller checks a snare he set in hopes of trapping a wild hog in Western Clay County. The wild hog population in Clay County has grown exponentially within the past decade. Wild hogs, sometimes referred to as feral pigs, are swine that were once domesticated and were released or escaped into the wild. (AP […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Irreconcilable, irrational Differences May 23, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Summer is a time to grow May 23, 2015
- Spring squirrel season opens May 23, 2015
- Handgrabbing fishing season is open statewide until July 15 May 26, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Click It or Ticket! May 25, 2015
- Monday morning Memorial Day May 24, 2015
- Looking at the future May 24, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...