HOUSTON – Three schools in Houston have been recognized for improving their academic scores consistently and over a period of two years by the Mississippi Association of Professional Educators. Houston High School, Houston Middle School and Houston Upper Elementary School were recently honored by PREPS for numerically proven increases in test scores. The honors and […]
Tag Archives | Middle School
M AYNARDVILLE, Tenn. – Delinda J. Hoskins, 51, went home to be with the Lord on Wednesday, March 26, 2014. She was a member of Alder Springs Baptist Church and was Attendance Secretary at Horace Maynard Middle School. Her favorite hobbies were shopping and she was the “Queen” of yard sales. Delinda is […]
HOUSTON – Students at Houston Middle School will be immersed in math, reading and English next year in an effort to improve state test scores in those subjects. The Houston School Board voted last week to go to the modified block scheduling that will see class periods go from 45-minutes of instruction to 75-minutes on […]
HOUSTON – In today’s technological world, quick and easy communication is always at one’s fingertips and the Houston School District is offering parents one more way to stay in touch. The district revamped their website this year to offer more information and services including site-specific updates from each school. By going to the district website […]
HOUSTON – The school board has patched their religious driveway – you know, the one that is very holey. Crews from K-N-K Construction showed up on Saturday of Labor Day weekend and poured concrete to mend a huge pothole in the Houston Middle School driveway. When parents dropped off students Sept. 3, they found a […]
HOUSTON – The staff and administration of Houston Middle School issued a challenge last school term and their students rose to the challenge. The goal for the school was to raise their QDI ranking to 200 and, while school rankings have not yet been released, individual student efforts on the MCT2 tests and eighth-grade science […]
Dress Code Policies 2013 HOUSTON HIGH SCHOOL * Shoes must be worn at all times. House shoes are not permitted. Shoelaces must be in shoes that reqauire them. * Hats, caps other headgear and sunglasses are not to be worn to school * Tube tops, halters, tank tops (spaghetti straps), bare or exposed midriffs, backless […]
HOUSTON – It has nothing to do with educating students but it could be a major expense for the Houston School District next year. The Houston School Board of Trustees heard a proposal from Todd Kilgore, representing K-N-K Construction, on possible options to fix a crumbling driveway in front of the Houston Middle School that […]
The Tanglefoot Trail opens in mid August and communities up and down trail are planning a party. You are invited. I don’t think Houston or Houlka or even most of Chickasaw County realizes what the Tanglefoot Trail will do for us. Tanglefoot Trail has an estimated economic impact of as much as $4.8 million for […]
HOUSTON – Teachers get homework, too. Teachers at Houston schools were in the classroom recently gearing up for the implementation of Common Core into the district’s curriculum and while the big changes will be seen by teachers, students and parents will see changes, too. “Going to block scheduling for reading and writing at the Middle […]
- County opens bids for AgriCenter roof September 16, 2014
- WEEK 5: High school football scores September 20, 2014
- BILLY MCCORD: As I see it September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- Pink Ribbon 5K set for Sept. 27 September 23, 2014
- Cassandra Pulliam appointed Circuit Clerk September 23, 2014
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Zora Cousin September 22, 2014
- Houston gets grant for fire loop September 22, 2014
- Shempert/Norwood September 21, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...