By William Moore Daily Journal SHANNON – A head-on collision between two vehicles south of Shannon claimed the life of a Tupelo man. The wreck occurred around 8 a.m. on Highway 245 south of Shannon, near County Road 54, according to the Mississippi Highway Patrol. Michael Simmons Jr., 32, of Tupelo, was the driver of […]
Tag Archives | MHP
Special to the Chickaaw Journal Three fatalities on Northeast Mississippi highways were all the traffic deaths reported across the state for the four-day Thanksgiving holiday weekend. The latest fatality was Bobbie Malone, 70, of Houston, who died in a two-vehicle crash Sunday on Highway 15 in Chickasaw County. On Thanksgiving Day, a two vehicle crash […]
HOUSTON – Driver’s licenses could be issued in Chickasaw County later this month if all goes according to plans made by state and local officials. The Mississippi Highway Safety Patrol inspected several locations in Chickasaw County in June and has announced plans to set up a mobile office at the WIN Job Center in Houston […]
The Mississippi Highway Patrol “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” initiative will put an additional 285 troopers on the road during the Christmas/New Year’s Holiday. “This is the tenth year Mississippi has participated in the campaign,” Public Safety Commissioner Albert Santa Cruz said. “Last year, there was an average of 81 DUI arrests every day, […]
Okolona is looking at establishing a Mississippi Driver’s License office at the Rockwell Auditorium and we hope they are successful. The Mississippi Department of Public Safety ruffled this community a year ago when it decided to close its longtime office at the Fire Department in Houston. DPS said it was a cost cutting measure, but […]
OKOLONA – Aldermen took no action after a hearing was held Nov. 12 with former Okolona Assistant Chief of Police Romona Robertson who was terminated from her job with the city Sept. 10. Okolona aldermen met in executive session for more than an hour to discuss personnel matters and Robertson’s hearing was part of that […]
HOUSTON – The Mississippi Highway Patrol has filed formal paperwork and citations in Chickasaw County Justice Court to bring four charges against Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson. Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth cleared the way for charges of possession of a controlled substance, driving under the influence, speeding and failing to comply with a […]
OKOLONA – Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth ruled there is enough evidence to bring formal charges against Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson following a hearing late Monday afternoon. Howorth heard more than three hours or testimony and viewed video of the Mississippi Highway Patrol’s traffic stop of Robertson on Dec. 7 on Highway […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Irreconcilable, irrational Differences May 23, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Summer is a time to grow May 23, 2015
- Spring squirrel season opens May 23, 2015
- Looking at the future May 24, 2015
- Learning to give May 27, 2015
- MDEQ awards solid waste grant to Chickasaw County May 27, 2015
- Handgrabbing fishing season is open statewide until July 15 May 26, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Click It or Ticket! May 25, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...