Special to the Chickasaw Journal PITTSBORO – Two Calhoun County residents have been arrested in connection with the death of Billy Covington. Frankie T. Jones, 26, of Pittsboro, was charged with first degree murder, and Ashley Hobson, 24, of Calhoun City, was charged with accessory after the fact. During their arraignments Friday, bond for Jones […]
Tag Archives | MHP
By William Moore Daily Journal SHANNON – A head-on collision between two vehicles south of Shannon claimed the life of a Tupelo man. The wreck occurred around 8 a.m. on Highway 245 south of Shannon, near County Road 54, according to the Mississippi Highway Patrol. Michael Simmons Jr., 32, of Tupelo, was the driver of […]
Special to the Chickaaw Journal Three fatalities on Northeast Mississippi highways were all the traffic deaths reported across the state for the four-day Thanksgiving holiday weekend. The latest fatality was Bobbie Malone, 70, of Houston, who died in a two-vehicle crash Sunday on Highway 15 in Chickasaw County. On Thanksgiving Day, a two vehicle crash […]
HOUSTON – Driver’s licenses could be issued in Chickasaw County later this month if all goes according to plans made by state and local officials. The Mississippi Highway Safety Patrol inspected several locations in Chickasaw County in June and has announced plans to set up a mobile office at the WIN Job Center in Houston […]
The Mississippi Highway Patrol “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” initiative will put an additional 285 troopers on the road during the Christmas/New Year’s Holiday. “This is the tenth year Mississippi has participated in the campaign,” Public Safety Commissioner Albert Santa Cruz said. “Last year, there was an average of 81 DUI arrests every day, […]
Okolona is looking at establishing a Mississippi Driver’s License office at the Rockwell Auditorium and we hope they are successful. The Mississippi Department of Public Safety ruffled this community a year ago when it decided to close its longtime office at the Fire Department in Houston. DPS said it was a cost cutting measure, but […]
OKOLONA – Aldermen took no action after a hearing was held Nov. 12 with former Okolona Assistant Chief of Police Romona Robertson who was terminated from her job with the city Sept. 10. Okolona aldermen met in executive session for more than an hour to discuss personnel matters and Robertson’s hearing was part of that […]
HOUSTON – The Mississippi Highway Patrol has filed formal paperwork and citations in Chickasaw County Justice Court to bring four charges against Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson. Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth cleared the way for charges of possession of a controlled substance, driving under the influence, speeding and failing to comply with a […]
OKOLONA – Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth ruled there is enough evidence to bring formal charges against Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson following a hearing late Monday afternoon. Howorth heard more than three hours or testimony and viewed video of the Mississippi Highway Patrol’s traffic stop of Robertson on Dec. 7 on Highway […]
- Teachers to be allowed to paddle September 28, 2015
- CenterStage picks local talent September 28, 2015
- Flywheel Festival was fall fun October 1, 2015
- Hilltoppers rumble October 1, 2015
- Supervisors juggle county positions October 1, 2015
- WEDDING: Adams / Gregory October 4, 2015
- WEDDING: Byrne / Blissard October 4, 2015
- AREA ROUNDUP: Adams scores three touchdowns in limited action October 3, 2015
- Tanglefoot Trail signs destroyed in Pontotoc County October 3, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Politicians parsing words October 3, 2015
- George Edgar Worley: See Sparethekids.com and BeatingBlackKids.com for ...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Montel Williams on School Paddling of Studen...
- George Edgar Worley: #BlackLivesMatter ? #srebeducation Students to Sch...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Documentary Exposes the Brutally Violent TRU...
- Carolyn Goggans: In the pictures above ( the second from the bottom...