By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – An alert Chickasaw County Sheriff’s deputy spotted a flashlight shining in a farm field north of Houston and upon investigation uncovered a massive theft operation spanning several counties and three states. Victor Huffman, 58, of County Road 190, was arrested Monday April 6, on multiple counts of burglary, […]
Tag Archives | Meyers
MSU Ag Communication News MISSISSIPPI STATE — Challenged to develop alternative uses for culled sweet potatoes, Mississippi State University students really thought outside the box. Cosmetics, feminine hygiene products and deer attractants were among the student proposals in the first Sweet Potato Innovation Challenge at MSU. Phase one of the challenge took place during the […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department had a man in custody Monday afternoon on aggravated domestic assault charges as it continues to investigates a Saturday night shooting just north of Houston. The incident was phoned in to Chickasaw County 911 about 9:45 p.m. as an accident at a house […]
(Courtesy Photo) There is never a bad day in the woods and James Meyers had another good day last week. Meyers stopped this 10-point on Jan. 4
CHICKASAW COUNTY – When Pasty Gore went 10-7 on Monday, it marked 23 years of always being the person people from across the county could call for help. Gore formally retired as Chickasaw County 911 director June 30 and a community-wide reception will be held at Chickasaw County Regional Correctional Facility from 2-4 p.m. July […]
HOUSTON – An early morning disturbance landed two men in jail Tuesday. Chickasaw County Sheriff Jimmy Simmons said a fight inside a home on Pittsboro Street near the Hwy. 15 bypass drew officers attention when a firearm came into play. “Two boys got into it and the third boy shot a gun to break it […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – A sheriff’s deputy slammed into a fallen tree damaging a patrol car and sending the driver and an occupant to a Tupelo hospital. James Meyers, Chief Deputy with the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department, said deputy Barry Gladney was carrying a man arrested a short time earlier for medical observation to a family […]
HOUSTON – A Chickasaw County man was arrested Monday in connection with the murder of William Ray “Shorty” Bevill almost two months ago. Mitchell Gregory, 32, of CR 83 near Woodland, was arrested about 4 p.m. Monday in Houston. He was being held in the Chickasaw County Jail Tuesday pending arraignment on charges of murder. […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors is looking at different methods of adding security and safety to both Courthouses in the county. EMA Director Linda Griffin brought quotes to the May 6 meeting for fire alarm systems for the courthouses and panic buttons to be installed in the offices of the Circuit and […]
HOUSTON – Authorities are investigating an apparent murder at a home east of town and are asking the community for help in gathering information. The Houston Police Department was called to the home of Ray “Shorty” Bevill, 75, at 206 Aberdeen Road Monday after friends and family could not get him to come to the […]
From Staff Reports PONTOTOC COUNTY – Three Chickasaw County young men were hurt in a one-vehicle accident Tuesday night on a rural road just inside Pontotoc County. Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask said the Chevrolet pickup truck the three were riding in was northbound on Wallfield Road near Gershorn Church when the driver apparently […]
- CRIME ROUNDUP: Houston resident arrested for sexual assault May 16, 2015
- Blissard is 4A state tennis champ May 19, 2015
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- HELP WANTED: Mentors, volunteers sought for COPES May 20, 2015
- Big fish, big smile May 20, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...