On Page One of this week’s Chickasaw Journal you will find a photo and story about the Upward Youth Basketball program that just recently wrapped up another successful season. Kids gathered at Houston First United Methodist Church each Saturday this winter to play a little basketball, learn a little about sportsmanship and have a little […]
Tag Archives | Methodist
Lenten lunch at Houston FUMC Family Life Center will be held at noon today with Sr. Pat Hinton of Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church as guest speaker. Light lunch will be served. There is no charge for lunch, but donations will be given to the Greater Houston Ministerial Association to help the less fortunate. […]
Dr. Randy Rinehart will bring the message at today’s Lenten Lunch. Lenten Lunches are held at noon each Wednesday through Good Friday at Houston First United Methodist Church Family Life Center featuring a different guest speaker each week. A light lunch is served at no charge, but donations are accepted for the Greater Houston Ministerial […]
HOUSTON – Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of the Lenten season in the Christian liturgical calendar and a community gathering begins the following week. Lenten lunches will be held at noon each Wednesday leading up to Holy Week at Houston First United Methodist Church Family Life Center. A different speaker from area churches will deliver […]
MANTEE – Mable Corrine Brownlee, 83, died Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Beasley CME Church. Burial will be in Lower Prairie Creek Cemetery. Carter’s Mortuary Services of West Point is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will be […]
OKOLONA – Linda Claunch Watson, 65, died Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center following an extended illness. She was born in Tupelo on Oct. 3, 1947, to Q.R. Claunch and Dorothy Bryant Claunch. A lifelong resident of North Mississippi, she received her master’s degree from Mississippi State University. She was a retired […]
An Inner Healing Conference at New Wine Fellowship in Houston will be held Jan. 18-20 for teaching and ministering to those who need emotional healing. Pastor Tommy Kelly and Pastor Scott Free invite those who have been abused sexually, physically, emotionally are invited to attend services at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday with personal ministry […]
SHANNON – Katherine Smith Foster, 87, died on Sunday, Dec. 23, 2012, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born on June 25, 1925, in Chickasaw County to Edd and Fisher Smith. She attended school at Mary Holmes Junior College in West Point, where she graduated from high school. She married George Foster on […]
Dr. William F. “Bill” Appleby passed away peacefully, Nov. 6, 2012, in Lake Junaluska, N.C. He was born June 20, 1928, in Drew and was a graduate of Eupora High School, Millsaps College (BA 1950 and Honorary Doctorate of Divinity 1987), Emory University Candler School of Theology (Masters of Divinity 1952) and the Methodist Theology […]
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- Lady Hilltoppers pounds Calhoun City September 18, 2014
- Okolona falls hard, 25-24 September 18, 2014
- City ignores AG opinion on clerk post September 19, 2014
- BETTY ATKINSON: Honoring the U.S. Constitution September 19, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- BILLY MCCORD: As I see it September 20, 2014
- WEEK 5: High school football scores September 20, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...