WEST POINT – Joanne Conerly Westbrook, 84, passed away Sunday, March 17, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center, in Tupelo. She was born March 4, 1929, in Monroe County to Ethel Adelaide Bush and Preston Johnston Conerly. She worked at Clay County Health Department and later with her husband at Westbrook Grocery Store. She was […]
Tag Archives | Methodist
On Page One of this week’s Chickasaw Journal you will find a photo and story about the Upward Youth Basketball program that just recently wrapped up another successful season. Kids gathered at Houston First United Methodist Church each Saturday this winter to play a little basketball, learn a little about sportsmanship and have a little […]
Lenten lunch at Houston FUMC Family Life Center will be held at noon today with Sr. Pat Hinton of Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church as guest speaker. Light lunch will be served. There is no charge for lunch, but donations will be given to the Greater Houston Ministerial Association to help the less fortunate. […]
Dr. Randy Rinehart will bring the message at today’s Lenten Lunch. Lenten Lunches are held at noon each Wednesday through Good Friday at Houston First United Methodist Church Family Life Center featuring a different guest speaker each week. A light lunch is served at no charge, but donations are accepted for the Greater Houston Ministerial […]
HOUSTON – Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of the Lenten season in the Christian liturgical calendar and a community gathering begins the following week. Lenten lunches will be held at noon each Wednesday leading up to Holy Week at Houston First United Methodist Church Family Life Center. A different speaker from area churches will deliver […]
MANTEE – Mable Corrine Brownlee, 83, died Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Beasley CME Church. Burial will be in Lower Prairie Creek Cemetery. Carter’s Mortuary Services of West Point is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will be […]
OKOLONA – Linda Claunch Watson, 65, died Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center following an extended illness. She was born in Tupelo on Oct. 3, 1947, to Q.R. Claunch and Dorothy Bryant Claunch. A lifelong resident of North Mississippi, she received her master’s degree from Mississippi State University. She was a retired […]
An Inner Healing Conference at New Wine Fellowship in Houston will be held Jan. 18-20 for teaching and ministering to those who need emotional healing. Pastor Tommy Kelly and Pastor Scott Free invite those who have been abused sexually, physically, emotionally are invited to attend services at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday with personal ministry […]
SHANNON – Katherine Smith Foster, 87, died on Sunday, Dec. 23, 2012, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born on June 25, 1925, in Chickasaw County to Edd and Fisher Smith. She attended school at Mary Holmes Junior College in West Point, where she graduated from high school. She married George Foster on […]
Dr. William F. “Bill” Appleby passed away peacefully, Nov. 6, 2012, in Lake Junaluska, N.C. He was born June 20, 1928, in Drew and was a graduate of Eupora High School, Millsaps College (BA 1950 and Honorary Doctorate of Divinity 1987), Emory University Candler School of Theology (Masters of Divinity 1952) and the Methodist Theology […]
- Largemouth bass regulation could change on area lakes, reservoirs June 23, 2015
- Houston ponders budget shortfall June 25, 2015
- CDF hosts fishing rodeo at Legion Lake June 25, 2015
- Hood passes gavel at NAAG convention June 26, 2015
- Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide June 26, 2015
- GED offered at WIN, Excel June 29, 2015
- Chickasaw jobless rate plummets June 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best June 28, 2015
- Roberts is Miss Mississippi, Molly May named to Top 10 June 28, 2015
- TWO TOOTS: 2015 Business Of The Year June 28, 2015
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...