OXFORD – In a pre-Independence Day concentration on illegal drug activity, seven Lafayette County-area law enforcement agencies began a sweep that netted more than 30 arrests. Lafayette County Metro Narcotics Unit, University of Mississippi Police Department, Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department, Oxford Police Department, United States Marshals Service, Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics and the District Attorney’s […]
Tag Archives | meth
By Lynn West New Albany Gazette NEW ALBANY – Nearly 40 local residents received an abrupt wake-up call Tuesday as a drug task force led by New Albany police made a series of surprise arrests starting about 4:30 a.m. Chief Chris Robertson said the sweep, dubbed “Operation Fish Net,” was the culmination of eight months’ […]
OKOLONA – A traffic stop led to the arrest of a Texas man. Monroe County Sheriff’s Department Narcotics Unit arrested Joe Anthony Medina, 47, of San Antonio, Texas. Medina was arrested as the result of a traffic stop on Highway 41 in Monroe County. Medina is charged with possession of methamphetamine. MDOT assisted in the […]
Monroe Journal OKOLONA – An Okolona man was arrested on marijuana charges over the weekend. The Monroe County Sheriff’s Department Narcotics Unit arrested Terry Montrell Gillespie, 29, of Okolona, on Friday. Gillespie is charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana. The arrest was the result of a traffic stop on Highway 45 Alternate in […]
OKOLONA – The February term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court saw judges dispose of 15 cases and revoke probation on four individuals sentenced in previous court appearances. Circuit Court Judges Robert Elliott, John A. Gregory and Andrew Howorth accepted nine guilty pleas and brought five people back before them on contempt of court charges for […]
OKOLONA – The October term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court saw the docket swell from 73 cases in July to 105 this month in Okolona, with judges disposing of 25 cases. Circuit Court Judges Robert Elliott, John A. Gregory and Andrew Howorth accepted 18 guilty pleas, retired five cases to the files, dismissed one case […]
OKOLONA – The October term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court has seen the docket swell from 73 cases in July to 105 this month in Okolona. Most of the new cases involve a number of appeals from Justice Court with the majority of those being Driving Under the Influence cases. There are 12 DUI appeals […]
HOUSTON – Judges, attorneys and court personnel were busy in the September term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court, disposing of more than a third of the cases on the docket. There were no jury trials this term with six cases retired to the files and 21 guilty pleas accepted by Circuit Court Judges Andrew Howorth […]
JB Clark Daily Journal TUPELO – Six Northeast Mississippians were arraigned on meth-related charges Friday afternoon in Lee County Justice Court. Christopher Bray, 29, of Saltillo; Amanda Brown, 28, of Tupelo; Christy Irvin, 33, of Saltillo; Angel Starling, 41, of Mantachie and Jonathan Wilson, 18, of Mooreville, were charged with conspiracy to manufacture meth Wednesday […]
- Cassandra Pulliam appointed Circuit Clerk September 23, 2014
- WEEK 6: High school football capsules September 26, 2014
- Flywheel set to spin Sept. 26-27 September 27, 2014
- WEEK 6: High school football scores September 27, 2014
- WEEK 6: Football Roundup September 27, 2014
- WEEK 6: AP high school football state rankings September 30, 2014
- Senate not only race on November ballot September 30, 2014
- Houston donates bus to Chickasaw EMA September 30, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in Calhoun County September 30, 2014
- LIFE strategies September 29, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...