HOUSTON – Water meter work has led the city to improve the appearance of sidewalks at one of the prettiest places in downtown Houston. The city embarked on a massive $300,000 upgrade or pipes, valves and fire hydrants in downtown Houston as part of a Appalachian Regional Commission grant almost two years ago and work […]
Tag Archives | meters
HOUSTON – Repairs to one of the city’s main water wells has been deemed an emergency as the city creeps closer to a community-wide upgrade of its water system. The Houston Board of Mayor and Aldermen voted to declare the need to repair the city’s Washington Street well an emergency at its June 3 board […]
HOUSTON – It seemed like a good idea at the time for Houston Aldermen to average water bills for city residents. But 26 water customers – some with water bills for several hundred dollars — attended last week’s city board meeting and got the city to backtrack on the plan. “We made the decision to […]
HOUSTON – A major expenditure to upgrade the city’s water meters will be discussed at a meeting set for City Hall next week. The Houston Board of Aldermen is seeking funds through the U.S. Department of Agriculture to purchase electronic water meters that would replace the city’s aging mechanical meters, make reading residential water bills […]
HOUSTON – Aldermen went to the well and approved a bid of over $400,000 for new electronic water meters and installation that will go online next year. Aldermen have studied replacing the city’s 1,800 aging meters with new auto-read meters for more than a year and accepted a bid from Empire Pipe earlier this month. […]
HOUSTON – Reading water meters may become as simple as driving a city truck down city streets once a month. The Houston Board of Aldermen voted last week to advertise for bids for electronic water meters that could make reading the city’s 1,800 meters faster and hopefully more accurate. The city has been repeatedly approached […]
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...