HOUSTON – Water meter work has led the city to improve the appearance of sidewalks at one of the prettiest places in downtown Houston. The city embarked on a massive $300,000 upgrade or pipes, valves and fire hydrants in downtown Houston as part of a Appalachian Regional Commission grant almost two years ago and work […]
Tag Archives | meters
HOUSTON – Repairs to one of the city’s main water wells has been deemed an emergency as the city creeps closer to a community-wide upgrade of its water system. The Houston Board of Mayor and Aldermen voted to declare the need to repair the city’s Washington Street well an emergency at its June 3 board […]
HOUSTON – It seemed like a good idea at the time for Houston Aldermen to average water bills for city residents. But 26 water customers – some with water bills for several hundred dollars — attended last week’s city board meeting and got the city to backtrack on the plan. “We made the decision to […]
HOUSTON – A major expenditure to upgrade the city’s water meters will be discussed at a meeting set for City Hall next week. The Houston Board of Aldermen is seeking funds through the U.S. Department of Agriculture to purchase electronic water meters that would replace the city’s aging mechanical meters, make reading residential water bills […]
HOUSTON – Aldermen went to the well and approved a bid of over $400,000 for new electronic water meters and installation that will go online next year. Aldermen have studied replacing the city’s 1,800 aging meters with new auto-read meters for more than a year and accepted a bid from Empire Pipe earlier this month. […]
HOUSTON – Reading water meters may become as simple as driving a city truck down city streets once a month. The Houston Board of Aldermen voted last week to advertise for bids for electronic water meters that could make reading the city’s 1,800 meters faster and hopefully more accurate. The city has been repeatedly approached […]
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts September 15, 2014
- City ignores AG opinion on clerk post September 19, 2014
- BETTY ATKINSON: Honoring the U.S. Constitution September 19, 2014
- MDWFP BRIEFS: Weapon changes for deer hunters September 20, 2014
- WEEK 5: High school football scores September 20, 2014
- Shempert/Norwood September 21, 2014
- Making their special day, extra special September 21, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...