HOUSTON – Water meter work has led the city to improve the appearance of sidewalks at one of the prettiest places in downtown Houston. The city embarked on a massive $300,000 upgrade or pipes, valves and fire hydrants in downtown Houston as part of a Appalachian Regional Commission grant almost two years ago and work […]
Tag Archives | meters
HOUSTON – Repairs to one of the city’s main water wells has been deemed an emergency as the city creeps closer to a community-wide upgrade of its water system. The Houston Board of Mayor and Aldermen voted to declare the need to repair the city’s Washington Street well an emergency at its June 3 board […]
HOUSTON – It seemed like a good idea at the time for Houston Aldermen to average water bills for city residents. But 26 water customers – some with water bills for several hundred dollars — attended last week’s city board meeting and got the city to backtrack on the plan. “We made the decision to […]
HOUSTON – A major expenditure to upgrade the city’s water meters will be discussed at a meeting set for City Hall next week. The Houston Board of Aldermen is seeking funds through the U.S. Department of Agriculture to purchase electronic water meters that would replace the city’s aging mechanical meters, make reading residential water bills […]
HOUSTON – Aldermen went to the well and approved a bid of over $400,000 for new electronic water meters and installation that will go online next year. Aldermen have studied replacing the city’s 1,800 aging meters with new auto-read meters for more than a year and accepted a bid from Empire Pipe earlier this month. […]
HOUSTON – Reading water meters may become as simple as driving a city truck down city streets once a month. The Houston Board of Aldermen voted last week to advertise for bids for electronic water meters that could make reading the city’s 1,800 meters faster and hopefully more accurate. The city has been repeatedly approached […]
- Floy Dyer serving community seniors November 22, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- Come in from the cold November 26, 2014
- Rams to hoop it up in Vardaman November 26, 2014
- Davis Lake bridge bids opened November 27, 2014
- Who’s No. 1! November 28, 2014
- Monroe authorities need help locating missing man November 28, 2014
- Solar farm shines in Chickasaw County November 28, 2014
- Houlka powers past North Pontotoc November 27, 2014
- Houston nips Wildcats November 27, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...