HOUSTON – Water meter work has led the city to improve the appearance of sidewalks at one of the prettiest places in downtown Houston. The city embarked on a massive $300,000 upgrade or pipes, valves and fire hydrants in downtown Houston as part of a Appalachian Regional Commission grant almost two years ago and work […]
Tag Archives | meters
HOUSTON – Repairs to one of the city’s main water wells has been deemed an emergency as the city creeps closer to a community-wide upgrade of its water system. The Houston Board of Mayor and Aldermen voted to declare the need to repair the city’s Washington Street well an emergency at its June 3 board […]
HOUSTON – It seemed like a good idea at the time for Houston Aldermen to average water bills for city residents. But 26 water customers – some with water bills for several hundred dollars — attended last week’s city board meeting and got the city to backtrack on the plan. “We made the decision to […]
HOUSTON – A major expenditure to upgrade the city’s water meters will be discussed at a meeting set for City Hall next week. The Houston Board of Aldermen is seeking funds through the U.S. Department of Agriculture to purchase electronic water meters that would replace the city’s aging mechanical meters, make reading residential water bills […]
HOUSTON – Aldermen went to the well and approved a bid of over $400,000 for new electronic water meters and installation that will go online next year. Aldermen have studied replacing the city’s 1,800 aging meters with new auto-read meters for more than a year and accepted a bid from Empire Pipe earlier this month. […]
HOUSTON – Reading water meters may become as simple as driving a city truck down city streets once a month. The Houston Board of Aldermen voted last week to advertise for bids for electronic water meters that could make reading the city’s 1,800 meters faster and hopefully more accurate. The city has been repeatedly approached […]
- MSU confers degrees July 16, 2014
- Williams graduates USAF basic training July 20, 2014
- REV. DARRICK WHITFIELD: Praising God is what I do July 20, 2014
- Letter RAY GARRETT July 20, 2014
- Houston FFA places at State Contest Day July 20, 2014
- Houston Solar Race team out in front July 23, 2014
- Natchez Trace has $139M impact July 22, 2014
- Houston man arrested for rustling July 22, 2014
- MDOT changes weight limits on county bridges July 22, 2014
- Taking their game on the road July 22, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...