Eric and Rebecca Kimbrough of Southaven are pleased to announce the birth of their son, Wyatt Jackson Kimbrough on July 23, 2013 at Baptist Memorial Hospital for Women in Memphis, Tenn. He weighed nine-pounds, ten-ounces and was 21-inches long. Sharing honors as proud grandparents are Larry and Sondra Davis of Houston and Johnnie and Sandi […]
Tag Archives | Memphis
WREN – Amanda D. Massey, 36, died on Saturday, Aug. 24, 2013, in Memphis. Born on April 6, 1977, in Birmingham, Ala., she was a daughter of Terry W. and Nancy Clark Hallman. She was a graduate of SBEC in Southaven and attended ICC. After graduating from beauty school in Memphis, she worked as a […]
OKOLONA – Cherry Ann Wilkinson Word, 86, died Monday, May 20, 2013, at her residence following an extended illness. She was born Jan. 25, 1927, in Memphis to Joseph C. Wilkinson and Mary Halliburton Wilkinson. After graduating high school she continued her education at Mississippi State College for Women (MSCW) in Columbus. She married Thomas […]
HOULKA – They only allow 10 people per team at the Mississippi Organ Recovery/Donate Life Mississippi 5K. So the team from Houlka picked 10 people, formed a cheer-leading squad and even carried their own fans who sat in chairs and pulled for the home team as they honored the memory of Mekenzie Young, an 8-year-old […]
Ruble Parker CALHOUN CITY – Ruble Parker, 83, died Friday, May 3, 2013, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. He was born Nov. 8, 1929, in Calhoun County. He was a retired from Tension Envelope in Memphis after 35 years. He was a captain in the U.S. Army during the Korean conflict. He was a […]
OKOLONA – Charlie C. Johnson, 67, died Friday, April 26, 2013, at his home. He was born Nov. 13, 1945, in Webster County to Robert Lee Johnson and Willie Crawford. He lived in Okolona for more than 30 years. He was a factory worker. Services will be at 10 a.m. today at Red Bud Church. […]
TUPELO – Marie Woods, 85, died Monday, Feb. 25, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after an extended illness. She was born Jan. 26, 1928, in Memphis to William Elihu and Lucy Smith Stewart. She was a resident of Tupelo since 1963. She married Travis W. “Woody” Woods who preceded her in death May 30, […]
WEST POINT – Marie Martin, 96, died Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2013, at her home. She was born on Dec. 18, 1916 in Marietta to Henry Edwards Mills and Oma Lee Evans. She was a retired instructor seamstress for Franklin Furniture and a Baptist. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Southern Funeral Home […]
WEST POINT – Marcus R. Sims, 60, died Thursday, Feb. 7, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-East in Memphis. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel in West Point. Burial will follow in Palo Alto Cemetery in West Point. Visitation will be from noon to service time Saturday.
- DANIEL GARDNER: Truth inside the culture war June 27, 2015
- Houston, Okolona airport improvements funded July 1, 2015
- Supervisors ponder MDOC moves July 2, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Lines of Liberty July 2, 2015
- Roberts is Miss Mississippi, Molly May a finalist July 2, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Ready, Aim, Fireworks! July 4, 2015
- Saturday is last day to register to vote. July 4, 2015
- Houston Homecoming 2015 is today July 4, 2015
- Vernon Fortner: July 4, 1950 July 3, 2015
- Houlka is back in the black July 3, 2015
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...