By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – Meeting Tuesday, Oct. 6, the New Houlka Board of Aldermen set a date for the town’s Christmas parade, allowed quicker training for town police, and learned that the town’s new lagoon aeration system is working well. Those […]
Tag Archives | Meeting
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Tanglefoot Trail opened in October 2013 and while other communities along the trail have been quick to capitalize on the new tourism asset, Houston has not seen anything built to enhance the Trail. Officials with the Chickasaw Development Foundation and the Carl Small Town Center at […]
The Houston School District will hold a Title I/Parent Involvement Meeting April 23, 2015 at 4:00 p.m. at the Houston School District Central Office. For more information contact the Central Office at 456-3332.
Everybody is for progress, but no one wants to change. That mindset is just as true in New York City and Washington D.C., as it is in Houston, Mississippi. Things in this world don’t change unless someone gets out of their comfort zone and goes about the hard work of making a difference in the […]
Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley will be at the Community Center in Houlka at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 8. The meeting is part of a series of to Town Hall Meetings across Northeast Mississippi to discuss issues with utility ratepayers. The public is urged to bring concerns and questions about utility rates and […]
OKOLONA – The community will get a chance to pose questions to the three finalists for superintendent of Okolona schools at a town hall meeting March 17. A community forum was held Feb. 28 to gather input and a list of questions to be asked at that meeting as Okolona takes the steps necessary to […]
- FLOYD INGRAM: A man with a gun November 20, 2015
- Mennonite conference bringing influx of visitors to downtown Tupelo November 25, 2015
- FBI to investigate incident at Ole Miss game November 25, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Shop local November 26, 2015
- County upgrades fingerprint machine November 26, 2015
- Chieftains roll over the Panthers November 27, 2015
- Okolona test scores improve November 27, 2015
- Houlka races past Hilltoppers November 26, 2015
- Topper season finale November 26, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A reason to be thankful November 26, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....