Flying never happens until the bird leaves the nest. President Johnson’s Great Society is just over 50 years old. During this very long period America’s great society nest has become huge and yet crowded. President Lyndon Johnson declared war on poverty in January 1964. He then needed a poster child for his new […]
Tag Archives | Medicaid
I felt like my insurance company wanted me out of healthcare when I received my new premium information for 2016. I paid over $1,600 a month for my wife and I to have medical insurance in 2015. Last fall I learned my current policy would increase to over $1,950 per month. I had the […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal CHICKASAW COUNTY – Now is the time to make sure your children’s immunizations are up-to-date for the approaching school year. The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) reminds parents that state law requires kids to be immunized against childhood diseases to enter school, Head Start or daycare. Chickasaw County […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – The state Senate rejected a proposal to phase in full funding of the Mississippi Adequate Education Program over a three-year period and instead sent to Gov. Phil Bryant a bill that increases funding for education by $110 million. The Senate proposal, which passed the House earlier […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – The 2015 session of the Mississippi Legislature, which starts Tuesday, will not be lacking for high-profile issues that could cause conflict and hard feelings this election year. Among the issues that could be contentious are: • A possible tax cut. • Additional funding for education. • […]
JACKSON — The Mississippi Attorney General’s office has arrested a Greenville resident and charged her with jury tampering, according to Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood. Marguerite Wilson, 31, of Greenville was arrested Oct. 15, by an investigator with the Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, with the assistance of a deputy from the Washington County […]
JACKSON — The Mississippi Attorney General’s office has arrested a Greenville resident and charged her with jury tampering, according to Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood. Marguerite Wilson, 31, of Greenville was arrested Oct. 15, by an investigator with the Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, with the assistance of a deputy from the Washington […]
Dear Editor, There are many public uses in the media at this time. However, the failure of our Republican governor to take care of the needs of the needy and his staunch opposition to anything that President Obama stands for is leading us toward a crisis with respect to the funding of Medicaid. Governor Phil […]
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...