CHICKASAW COUNTY – During election season they sprout up like wildflowers and the Mississippi Department of Transportation, Chickasaw County road crews and municipal officials are reminding candidates not to post sign on public right-of-ways. Federal, state, county and city right-of-way are public property, but the placing of any signage on government property without meeting proper […]
Tag Archives | MDOT
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Deer movement increases during the fall and winter months, meaning the importance of driving defensively and staying alert, especially at dawn and dusk, also increases. “Over the past five years, Mississippi has averaged 3,058 deer-related crashes per year,” said MDOT Executive Director Melinda McGrath. “The increase in vehicle-deer crashes in the fall […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – The Mississippi Department of Transportation on Friday issued weight limits changes, effective immediately for 12 bridges in Chickasaw County. Farmers, loggers and commercial haulers were specifically warned to note these changes as heavy loads that break or damage state bridges can see the trucking company held responsible for damages. MDOT recently evaluated […]
Daily Journal WEST POINT – Barnhart Crane & Rigging will move a boiler along a designated route from West Point to the Tennessee State line on Thursday, the Mississippi Department of Transportation reports. The route will include U.S. Highway 45A and U.S. Highway 45. The 228-ton load is 21 feet wide and 204 feet long […]
A very wide load will be moving from West Point to Tennessee on Thursday. The Mississippi Department of Transportation has issued a traffic advisory regarding the load being hauled by Barnhart Crane & Rigging. The company will be carrying a boiler assembly that measures 22 feet wide, 12 feet high and 208 feet long. The […]
- Process of returning stolen property is detailed. April 20, 2015
- Testing time April 23, 2015
- Hilltoppers eye playoffs April 23, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Flywheel fun starts Friday April 23, 2015
- Houston honors best and brightest April 23, 2015
- Candidates cautioned on placing signs April 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Presidential politics for 2016 April 26, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation April 25, 2015
- State benefits from Natchez Trace Parkway visitors April 24, 2015
- Houston hosts Flywheel Festival April 24, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...