By Gene Phelps Daily Journal HOUSTON – Houston coach Scott Gann says second baseman Garrison Howell is a junior who leads and plays like a senior. Howell stepped up in a monumental way Tuesday when he belted a two-out, two-run, opposite-field double in the bottom of the sixth inning to help the Hilltoppers rally to […]
Tag Archives | McQuary
MANTEE – Dan Womack, 75, died Tuesday, April 29, 2014, at his home. He was born Feb. 13, 1939, in Chickasaw County to Alton Granville Womack and Mary Wofford Womack. He retired from Spartus Corporation in Louisville. He was a member of Hohenlinden Baptist Church. He enjoyed farming and saw milling. Services will be at […]
HOUSTON – The community will honor its very best next week at the Chickasaw Development Foundation annual banquet and meeting. The economic development event is slated for 6:30 p.m. March 25 at the First United Methodist Church, Family Life Center on North Jackson Street. “This is always one of the highlights of the year for […]
MEMPHIS – Hillary A. “Bill” McQuary, 87, died Tuesday, May 21, 2013. He was born March 3, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Marion Monroe McQuary and Rosa Lee Jennings McQuary. He served in the Navy in the South Pacific during World War II. He attended Mississippi State University and retired from Kimberly Clark Corporation after […]
HOUSTON – The Hilltoppers are on their way to becoming known as the “heart-attack kids,” going three games with Amory to advance in playoffs and splitting games with Lewisburg to force another third game showdown. “These kids are trying to make me get out of coaching or have a heart attack or something,” joked Coach […]
by Melissa Meador Monroe Journal AMORY – The way the first two games went, anything less than a dramatic finish would have been unexpected between Amory and Houston in their 4A baseball playoff series. Game 3 didn’t disappoint. Houston held off a seventh-inning comeback from the Panthers to win 2-1. They move on to face […]
- Pearson to be honored by state October 22, 2014
- Futral hired as Houston City Clerk October 21, 2014
- County revisits dog law October 17, 2014
- Public wants access to school facilities October 23, 2014
- Houston clicks on all cylinders October 23, 2014
- Field day planned for forages, beef October 24, 2014
- Crash ruptures gas line, blocks traffic on Hwy. 8 October 24, 2014
- Hebron downs Central Academy, 38-6 October 24, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Sticks and stones . . . October 24, 2014
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...