Daily Journal A pedestrian was struck and killed by a tractor trailer around midnight Tuesday in Oktibbeha County. According to the Mississippi Highway Patrol, 71-year-old Willie McKinney of Vardaman was standing in the roadway on Highway 25 South near Poorhouse Road when he was hit by a 2007 Peterbilt driven by Lonnie Thompson, 53, of […]
Tag Archives | McKinney
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Will Porter plead guilty to murder and was sentenced to life in Chickasaw County Circuit Court on the last day of the March term. The case stems from the death of Amanda Porter, 23, who was found stabbed at her home in Houston in January 2013. Porter, 29, […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Governor Phil Bryant has signed legislation that will see Houston residents vote on a proposed tourism tax. The measure now heads back to the Houston Board of Aldermen to set a date for taxpayers to go to the poll and vote on a 1-percent tax on motel room […]
HOUSTON – Putting someone in charge of administrative duties at the Houston Fire Department may prompt the city to name a fire chief for the Houston Fire Department. The Houston Volunteer Fire Department has a fire chief, but the six full-time city firefighters do not and in a work session last week the Houston Board […]
VARDAMAN – Vardaman High School has released the honor roll for the fourth nine weeks. Seventh Grade Principal’s List Abbey Casey, Jayla Culpepper, Oakley Edington, Jackson Harrell, Carlie Higginbotham, Anna Lucius, Mina Lucius and Karen Solis. Seventh Grade Regular List Hunter Boyette, Grace Davis, Marisol Lopez, Hayden Ross, Layne Tedder, Karina Torres and Mary Grace […]
HOUSTON – Aldermen want to “draw a line” and enforce Houston ordinances and building codes, but not this month. The Houston Board of Aldermen scheduled five property clean-up hearings Tuesday night and discussed the need to improve the quality of life in Houston by improving the quality and appearance of neighborhoods through code enforcement. They […]
VARDAMAN – Freddie Hugh Carter, 65, died Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2014, at his home. He was born June 13, 1948, in Houston to Clara Carter. He was a former employee of the city of Hattiesburg. He was disabled. Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 23, at Southern Funeral Chapel in Houston with Bro. […]
- Cook named HSD superintendent May 21, 2015
- Monday morning Memorial Day May 24, 2015
- Click It or Ticket! May 25, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Handgrabbing fishing season is open statewide until July 15 May 26, 2015
- Hilltoppers nipped by St. Stanislaus May 28, 2015
- County signs final notice for CR4 May 28, 2015
- Eighty-two Toppers move tassel May 28, 2015
- 2015 alligator hunting seasons announced May 27, 2015
- Learning to give May 27, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...