Daily Journal A pedestrian was struck and killed by a tractor trailer around midnight Tuesday in Oktibbeha County. According to the Mississippi Highway Patrol, 71-year-old Willie McKinney of Vardaman was standing in the roadway on Highway 25 South near Poorhouse Road when he was hit by a 2007 Peterbilt driven by Lonnie Thompson, 53, of […]
Tag Archives | McKinney
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Will Porter plead guilty to murder and was sentenced to life in Chickasaw County Circuit Court on the last day of the March term. The case stems from the death of Amanda Porter, 23, who was found stabbed at her home in Houston in January 2013. Porter, 29, […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Governor Phil Bryant has signed legislation that will see Houston residents vote on a proposed tourism tax. The measure now heads back to the Houston Board of Aldermen to set a date for taxpayers to go to the poll and vote on a 1-percent tax on motel room […]
HOUSTON – Putting someone in charge of administrative duties at the Houston Fire Department may prompt the city to name a fire chief for the Houston Fire Department. The Houston Volunteer Fire Department has a fire chief, but the six full-time city firefighters do not and in a work session last week the Houston Board […]
VARDAMAN – Vardaman High School has released the honor roll for the fourth nine weeks. Seventh Grade Principal’s List Abbey Casey, Jayla Culpepper, Oakley Edington, Jackson Harrell, Carlie Higginbotham, Anna Lucius, Mina Lucius and Karen Solis. Seventh Grade Regular List Hunter Boyette, Grace Davis, Marisol Lopez, Hayden Ross, Layne Tedder, Karina Torres and Mary Grace […]
HOUSTON – Aldermen want to “draw a line” and enforce Houston ordinances and building codes, but not this month. The Houston Board of Aldermen scheduled five property clean-up hearings Tuesday night and discussed the need to improve the quality of life in Houston by improving the quality and appearance of neighborhoods through code enforcement. They […]
VARDAMAN – Freddie Hugh Carter, 65, died Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2014, at his home. He was born June 13, 1948, in Houston to Clara Carter. He was a former employee of the city of Hattiesburg. He was disabled. Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 23, at Southern Funeral Chapel in Houston with Bro. […]
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...