Monroe Journal An Okolona man was arrested at a safety check point and faces a narcotics charge. The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office’s Narcotics Unit arrested Anthony T. McIntosh, 37. The arrest was the result of a safety check point at DeYoe Road and Highway 278 West. McIntosh is charged with possession of marijuana, felony amount. […]
Tag Archives | McIntosh
HOUSTON – Maggie B. Baskin Bafford, 67, died Monday, May 19, 2014 at her residence. She was born May 18, 1947, in Chickasaw County to Willie Baskin and Maggie Matthews Baskin. She was a member of Zion Spring M.B. Church, Houston. She was a former employee of Burris and Cooper Tire. She was a 1965 […]
WEST POINT – Rowena “Cooter” Doss Davidson, 88, died Saturday, March 8, 2014, at her home in the Brand community. She was born Dec. 6, 1925, to George Butler Doss and Cinderella Parker Doss. She was a member of Union Baptist Church in Brand. She had a passion for people. Services will be at 1 […]
HOUSTON – True love won its prize in the end and the curtain closed on another successful spring production of the Houston Community Theatre Feb. 22. “One more time, we did it,” smiled Director Janet Coker of the conclusion of this year’s offering, “Hello, Dolly.” The production was performed three times in two days for […]
SHANNON – Matthew McIntosh, 30, passed away Friday, Dec. 20, 2013. He was born Sept. 17, 1983, in Okolona. He was a 2002 graduate of Shannon High School. He loved to hang out with his family and friends and disc jockey. A celebration of life service will be noon, Saturday, Dec. 28, at New Dimension […]
AMORY – Bobby Barrentine, 67, died Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center in Amory. He was born July 28, 1946, in Monroe County to Orpha James, Harry Barrentine and stepfather, Charlie James. He attended West Amory High School, and he was a member of the Church of Christ, where he served […]
HOUSTON – Isabella “T” Orr McIntosh, 94, died Wednesday, July 24, 2013, at her residence. She was born March 29, 1919, to Dan and Mary Ida Roseburgh Orr in Prairie. She was a homemaker and lifelong resident of Houston. Services will be at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 30, at Pleasant Plain M.B. Church with Rev. […]
HOUSTON – Isabella “T” McIntosh, 94, died Wednesday, July 24, 2013, at her home. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona.
WOODLAND – There is a saying in politics that wise leaders gather young people around you because youth doesn’t know it can’t be done. The village of Woodland has formed a Mayor’s Youth Council that recently attended the Mississippi Municipal League Statewide Youth Leadership Summit held March 1-2 in Hattiesburg and has returned home looking […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- As I see it August 16, 2014
- Picnic in the Park! August 17, 2014
- A winner never quits! August 17, 2014
- Vardaman’s McClain earns national honor August 17, 2014
- Pugh earns WBC scholarship August 20, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- Aldermen discuss street worker pay August 19, 2014
- CDF lands Carl Small Town Center help August 19, 2014
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...