Monroe Journal An Okolona man was arrested at a safety check point and faces a narcotics charge. The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office’s Narcotics Unit arrested Anthony T. McIntosh, 37. The arrest was the result of a safety check point at DeYoe Road and Highway 278 West. McIntosh is charged with possession of marijuana, felony amount. […]
Tag Archives | McIntosh
HOUSTON – Maggie B. Baskin Bafford, 67, died Monday, May 19, 2014 at her residence. She was born May 18, 1947, in Chickasaw County to Willie Baskin and Maggie Matthews Baskin. She was a member of Zion Spring M.B. Church, Houston. She was a former employee of Burris and Cooper Tire. She was a 1965 […]
WEST POINT – Rowena “Cooter” Doss Davidson, 88, died Saturday, March 8, 2014, at her home in the Brand community. She was born Dec. 6, 1925, to George Butler Doss and Cinderella Parker Doss. She was a member of Union Baptist Church in Brand. She had a passion for people. Services will be at 1 […]
HOUSTON – True love won its prize in the end and the curtain closed on another successful spring production of the Houston Community Theatre Feb. 22. “One more time, we did it,” smiled Director Janet Coker of the conclusion of this year’s offering, “Hello, Dolly.” The production was performed three times in two days for […]
SHANNON – Matthew McIntosh, 30, passed away Friday, Dec. 20, 2013. He was born Sept. 17, 1983, in Okolona. He was a 2002 graduate of Shannon High School. He loved to hang out with his family and friends and disc jockey. A celebration of life service will be noon, Saturday, Dec. 28, at New Dimension […]
AMORY – Bobby Barrentine, 67, died Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center in Amory. He was born July 28, 1946, in Monroe County to Orpha James, Harry Barrentine and stepfather, Charlie James. He attended West Amory High School, and he was a member of the Church of Christ, where he served […]
HOUSTON – Isabella “T” Orr McIntosh, 94, died Wednesday, July 24, 2013, at her residence. She was born March 29, 1919, to Dan and Mary Ida Roseburgh Orr in Prairie. She was a homemaker and lifelong resident of Houston. Services will be at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 30, at Pleasant Plain M.B. Church with Rev. […]
HOUSTON – Isabella “T” McIntosh, 94, died Wednesday, July 24, 2013, at her home. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona.
WOODLAND – There is a saying in politics that wise leaders gather young people around you because youth doesn’t know it can’t be done. The village of Woodland has formed a Mayor’s Youth Council that recently attended the Mississippi Municipal League Statewide Youth Leadership Summit held March 1-2 in Hattiesburg and has returned home looking […]
- Parks named to Tombigbee Water Management Board February 24, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- GOP federal prosecutor to challenge Hood for AG February 27, 2015
- Chickasaw United Way allocates dollars March 3, 2015
- Moore to attend Clinton Global Initiative March 2, 2015
- UPDATE: Four hurt, two dead in Calhoun County wreck March 2, 2015
- Lenten Luncheon continues this week March 2, 2015
- Happy Birthday Miss Zula March 1, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...