Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – A Chickasaw County man will have to spend the next five years in prison after the Mississippi Court of Appeals ruled against him. On Tuesday, the court affirmed the decision of the Chickasaw County Circuit Court to revoke the probation of Donnie McDonald, 57, and sentence […]
Tag Archives | McDonald
By Gene Phelps Special to the Chickasaw Journal VARDAMAN – Madarius Hobson hit a little bit of everything in his offensive arsenal Tuesday, but he was still held under his 23-points-per-game average. Houlka’s multi-talented 6-foot-1 freshman guard scored all 21 of his points in a lopsided first quarter to lead the Wildcats (15-4, 1-0) to […]
Eleven more indictments from the April 15-16 Union County grand jury session have been released by the circuit clerk’s office. Indictments remain secret until defendants are served with the indictment papers. While a majority of the more recent releases involve drug charges, other crimes alleged include grand larceny, child endangerment and identity fraud. Newly released […]
By Lynn West New Albany Gazette UNION COUNTY — New Albany police had taken 46 suspects into custody Wednesday out of 48 indicted as part of “Operation Fish Net” and expected to get the other two soon. The operation was a mass roundup of people charged with selling drugs in New Albany. Michael Erby, head […]
WEST POINT – M. Dean Andrews, 59, passed away on Monday, April 21, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born April 13, 1955, in West Point, the son of the late Melvin and Melba Wilson Andrews. He was a Baptist and was retired from Bacco Materials, where he worked in the […]
PONTOTOC – Stephanie Tucker McDonald, 50, died Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2013, at her residence in Pontotoc. She was born July 10, 1962. to Gerald “Doss” and Sue Earnest Tucker. She was a 1980 graduate of North Pontotoc High School, and a loving mother and wife. A celebration of her life will be at 2 p.m. […]
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Runoff races for Sheriff, Chancery and two Supervisors August 4, 2015
- Bowens, Gladney lift in Las Vegas August 4, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...