By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – A teacher with the Chickasaw County School District has had allegations of sexual misconduct with a student leveled at him and was arrested last week. Brodrick Hutchins with the Mississippi Bureau of Investigations has filed documents in Chickasaw County Circuit Court seeking the probable cause hearing after he […]
Tag Archives | McDonald
Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – A Chickasaw County man will have to spend the next five years in prison after the Mississippi Court of Appeals ruled against him. On Tuesday, the court affirmed the decision of the Chickasaw County Circuit Court to revoke the probation of Donnie McDonald, 57, and sentence […]
By Gene Phelps Special to the Chickasaw Journal VARDAMAN – Madarius Hobson hit a little bit of everything in his offensive arsenal Tuesday, but he was still held under his 23-points-per-game average. Houlka’s multi-talented 6-foot-1 freshman guard scored all 21 of his points in a lopsided first quarter to lead the Wildcats (15-4, 1-0) to […]
Eleven more indictments from the April 15-16 Union County grand jury session have been released by the circuit clerk’s office. Indictments remain secret until defendants are served with the indictment papers. While a majority of the more recent releases involve drug charges, other crimes alleged include grand larceny, child endangerment and identity fraud. Newly released […]
By Lynn West New Albany Gazette UNION COUNTY — New Albany police had taken 46 suspects into custody Wednesday out of 48 indicted as part of “Operation Fish Net” and expected to get the other two soon. The operation was a mass roundup of people charged with selling drugs in New Albany. Michael Erby, head […]
WEST POINT – M. Dean Andrews, 59, passed away on Monday, April 21, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born April 13, 1955, in West Point, the son of the late Melvin and Melba Wilson Andrews. He was a Baptist and was retired from Bacco Materials, where he worked in the […]
PONTOTOC – Stephanie Tucker McDonald, 50, died Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2013, at her residence in Pontotoc. She was born July 10, 1962. to Gerald “Doss” and Sue Earnest Tucker. She was a 1980 graduate of North Pontotoc High School, and a loving mother and wife. A celebration of her life will be at 2 p.m. […]
- Snag it November 19, 2015
- WEDDING: Rushing / King November 22, 2015
- Houlka Trustees address leave, texting policy November 23, 2015
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- Okolona urges parents to keep kids in school November 24, 2015
- Houlka races past Hilltoppers November 26, 2015
- Topper season finale November 26, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A reason to be thankful November 26, 2015
- County upgrades fingerprint machine November 26, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Shop local November 26, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....