HOUSTON – The ballot boxes from the June 24 Republican Primary Runoff were opened for review by Chris McDaniel representatives last week but the election has already been canvassed and approved by the Chickasaw County Republican Party. Assistant Chancery Clerk Cassandra Pulliam said representatives of U.S. Senatorial candidate Chris McDaniel looked over ballots, poll books […]
Tag Archives | McDaniel
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – State Sen. Chris McDaniel, who was on the losing end of Tuesday’s U.S. Senate Republican primary runoff but still has not conceded, urged county circuit clerks Thursday to cooperate with his supporters who want to inspect election results for irregularities. In a news release, McDaniel said […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON — State. Sen. Chris McDaniel of Ellisville, who narrowly lost Tuesday in the Republican primary runoff in his bid to upend incumbent Thad Cochran indicated late Wednesday he still is not conceding. “In the coming days, our team will look into the irregularities to determine whether a […]
HOUSTON – Incumbent U.S. Senator Thad Cochran appears to have taken Chickasaw County as one of his early election night victories taking 52 percent of the ballots cast in the Republican run-off Tuesday. The actual margins saw GOP challenger Chris McDaniel garner 721 votes or 47.47 percent to Cochran’s 798. There were 1,526 ballots cast in […]
Republican voters head to the polls Tuesday to cast a ballot in the GOP runoff election between incumbent Senator Thad Cochran and opponent Chris McDaniel. The polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the traditional voting locations in Chickasaw County. Voters must present some form of government photo ID or […]
HOUSTON – Senatorial candidate Chris McDaniel is trying to visit ten towns a day in his campaign to unseat longtime incumbent Senator Thad Cochran, and Thursday, one of those stops was Houston. McDaniel dropped in Moore’s Restaurant in Houston and worked the room shaking hands and sitting down in booths with those eating breakfast, asking […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – While a record number of Mississippians turned out for the June 3 Republican primary to vote for either incumbent U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran or challenger Chris McDaniel of Ellisville, that doesn’t necessarily mean there was intense interest in the race statewide. There was in McDaniel’s home […]
HOUSTON – Incumbent U.S. Senator Thad Cochran won Chickasaw County, but not the race as Mississippi Republican voters will now head back to the polls for the June 24 runoff between Cochran and Chris McDaniel. Cochran’s opponent Chris McDaniel held a slight lead in statewide voting, at 49.46 percent of the Republican Primary vote and […]
The Chris McDaniel 2014 Campaign Bus Tour will stop at Moore’s Restaurant at 910 North Jackson Street at 9:30 a.m. Thursday to greet area residents. Senatorial candidate McDaniel is in a tight runoff race with longtime incumbent Senator Thad Cochran and this marks the first time either candidate has campaigned in Chickasaw County this year. Voters head […]
FULTON/TUPELO – Scholarship recipients at Itawamba Community College for 2013 include Alexandra Belk of Houston, Academic, Leadership; Jacob Bridgman of Houston, Activity/Incentive, Leadership, Solar Car; Marquintez Gates of Houston, Leadership; Chelsea Anne Gray of Houston, Leadership; Alex Harmon of Houston, Academic, Special Achievement, Leadership; Jesse H. Kelly of Houlka, ACT Achievement Incentive, Leadership; Taylor Blake […]
HOUSTON – Bad weather and good luck have teamed up to help two local organizations land checks for $2,500 each. Monsanto recently picked Debbie and Wade Burt of Houlka as recipients of their America’s Farmers Grow Community grant program and the Burts chose to donate the money to the Houston High School FFA Program and […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting Fines July 23, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- ICC offering newNational Guard program July 27, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...