Are you almost exhausted getting ready for Christmas? I am! There just seems too much to do. There are too many places to go. There are just too many demands on our time and the clock keeps on ticking. A lady once told me, “the clock is just going too fast.” With a granddaughter who […]
Tag Archives | McCord
Having been born and raised in Calhoun County, I should be prepared to see about anything. I have seen both black and brown large cats (not house cats), timber wolves and recently a single bald eagle. As I was making my way from Bruce to Shady Grove for our 9 a.m. service, I was stopped […]
I do my best to write a column that will have some interest to the readers but mainly some humor that will at least make the readers as well as the columnist smile. Today, as I got up and took an insulin shot and another one after lunch, I decided that I was going to […]
Last week I encouraged you to watch the weather for last Saturday and Sunday for some chilly weather based on the Old Farmers Almanac’s prediction for frost Oct. 19. Ann is now bringing in some potted plants while I am assuring her it is not going to frost on this date. The good thing about […]
RANDOLPH – Howard Bailey Ferguson, 71, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He drove an 18-wheeler all his life. An avid coon hunter, he loved horses and spending time with his family and friends. Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home […]
For 35 years, I watched the weather and worried about tornadoes hitting a school while the students were present. Those of us who have ever worked in public schools know the awesome responsibility we have of protecting the most precious possession that people have, their children. The thing I always feared most happened on November […]
Have you ever listened to all the fussing and fuming from people about our country? I refer to citizens who cannot find anything good about the U.S.A. Before I go any further, I also have complaints, but when I count the value of U.S. citizenship I cease my mumbling and give thanks to God that […]
Not many weeks ago, I fussed about the cold weather bothering my plants and how uncomfortable the cold was. I wished for warmer weather and some sunshine. I was not alone because I heard a number of people doing the same thing. We quickly got warmer weather and some sunshine. In fact we got some […]
- Anchor Alzheimer Challenge September 24, 2014
- WEEK 6: High school football scores September 27, 2014
- WEEK 6: Football Roundup September 27, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core; Do the math September 27, 2014
- Future of farming September 28, 2014
- EPA conducts water quality study on Chico Creek October 1, 2014
- WEEK 6: AP high school football state rankings September 30, 2014
- Senate not only race on November ballot September 30, 2014
- Houston donates bus to Chickasaw EMA September 30, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in Calhoun County September 30, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...